aberdeen-music

Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire (Stripeys pigfucking hick remix)

Stripey

To say that was good would be a lie. It reminds me of why I never took class A drugs like E -people were dancing about to music like this thinking it was great - but I did like a wee bit in the middle of the racket that reminded me on the DR WHO theme.

Guest Giles Walker

I hate being critical but that isn't even funny. I can't understand why you would do that to a johnny cash tune and then call it a tribute. You didn't even make an effort to time stretch the record so it was in time with the beats.

Plus gabba is really just dance music for the scottish equivalent of hicks no matter how ironic you think you are being. You could have quite easily done a ghettotech remix or a jungle one.

Sorry but don't get down like this.

I'm giving you an F for this class

I don't know if i fall into the "qualified" or "unqualified" section to criticize this' date=' but it really is one of the worst remixes i've ever heard and unfortunately the song is now tainted.

don't give up though. Rework it.[/quote']

I will try adding more distortion to the kick.

that's the right way to think of it. Don't get disheartened when you put something in the feedback forum because there's a chance you will get negative feedback. But it all adds up to make something better if you keep reworking it. :up:

How do you think it could be improved?

How do you think it could be improved?

i'm really not entirely sure how, that type of music isn't really my style, but i would agree with mkII's point that it should have more unity with the original song rather than have snippets of ring of fire, then dive straight into a dance beat. It should be mixed if ya get me?

and if you do remake it and you're happy with it gimme a shout, it could turn out quite interesting.

hook line and sinker

I hate being critical but that isn't even funny. I can't understand why you would do that to a johnny cash tune and then call it a tribute. You didn't even make an effort to time stretch the record so it was in time with the beats.

Plus gabba is really just dance music for the scottish equivalent of hicks no matter how ironic you think you are being. You could have quite easily done a ghettotech remix or a jungle one.

Sorry but don't get down like this.

I'm giving you an F for this class

ever thought this guy might just be taking the piss????

You would never know with Stripey...

Well yes i do know stripey and i know that he will be sitting laughing at the rise he has got out of all you people for a couple of hours work sitting at home bored one day.

respect to the stripey!!!

Dont take everything so seriously ya'll