aberdeen-music

Can somebody fully explain to me what these pedals do?

Sam 45

a/b boxes let you take one input and switch it between two outputs. some also allow you to send it to both outputs and some work backwards also (switch two inputs to one ouput). i assume the a/b/c boxes do the same except with 3 outputs.

although £150 is a bit steep. you can build one pretty cheaply.

Guest Gasss

The problem with simple true bypass A/B boxes is that you can get a lot of signal loss (due to capacitance) and bleeding between the two outputs - I know because I have one. A fancy buffered one with proper switching will be more reliable and degrade your tone a lot less. It might not be what you need though.

Guest lime ruined my life

If any signal is being split, you should invariably buffer the signal too.

Although it proabbly isnt too hard to make an active a/b box either. I wouldnt pay that much money for one.

First one: You can switch between 2 different amps with your foot basically. Handy if you like 2 different amps e.g. if you have a Marshall and a Mesa and need to use one for one song and then the other for another song etc. It lets you use A (amp 1), B (amp 2) or C (both at once).

Second one: Allows you to run more than one (in this case it's 3) instruments into a single amp.

Third one: Like the first one but for 3 different amps. The difference is that you can't blend the amps with this one. You can use A (amp 1), B (amp 2), C (amp 3) or B (amp 2) with an effect into port C instead of another amp.

Sam - what amps you planning to run? DSL and...?