aberdeen-music

Heavy Metal Band Forming

Johno

We are a bassist (age 31) and rhythm guitarist (age 26) looking to form a Heavy Metal band, with sounds of speed metal, thrash metal and most of all heavy metal with a touch of melody, our influences are to many to list for example, Slayer, Entombed, Machine Head, Iron Maiden, but we also love Soundgarden, Monster Magnet, Kyuss to name just a few, so if you play drums, lead guitar or sing and love metal contact us by email at DeadMetal17987@aol.com

get some flyers made up and go to a metal gig

unfortunately you will find that there are a few metal scenes in aberdeen. it all depends on what you want and who you want to find

this is not a dig at any of the bands mentioned btw...

1. the "now" metal scene. most of the scamps are found in moshulu on friday nights and exodus on sunday nights with tight tshirts (with tattoos+piercings) and black hair over their faces. they only go to kerrang/rock sound approved moshulu gigs and gigs where their mates band are playing. these people all want to be in a band and you will generally find only frontmen. the bands are generally quite good at what they do, spend lots of money on it and generally follow their dreams. (we shall be blessed, clearer the sky, etc)

2. the "faded tshirt" metal scene. mainly made up of crap "metal" bands who like to "get fucking wasted" before they play, release countless eps of badly produced material with crap song titles. generally play for fun and dont have many aspirations (element 106, statue of misery etc)

3. the "widdle ma willy" metal scene. mainly made up of fowk who play for fun, these people generally CAN play their instruments very well but have a tendency to copy the style of their hereos. lots of people go to these gigs but mainly because they are friends, many of them aint metal fans. (black atom, double jack, acension etc)

im sure there is more...

unfortunately you will find that there are a few metal scenes in aberdeen. it all depends on what you want and who you want to find

1. the "now" metal scene. most of the scamps are found in moshulu on friday nights and exodus on sunday nights with tight tshirts (with tattoos+piercings) and black hair over their faces. they only go to kerrang/rock sound approved moshulu gigs and gigs where their mates band are playing. these people all want to be in a band and you will generally find only frontmen. the bands are generally quite good at what they do' date=' spend lots of money on it and generally follow their dreams. (we shall be blessed, clearer the sky, etc

2. the "faded tshirt" metal scene. mainly made up of crap "metal" bands who like to "get fucking wasted" before they play, release countless eps of badly produced material with crap song titles. [b']generally play for fun and dont have many aspirations (element 106, statue of misery etc)

3. the "widdle ma willy" metal scene. mainly made up of fowk who play for fun, these people generally CAN play their instruments very well but have a tendency to copy the style of their hereos. lots of people go to these gigs but mainly because they are friends, many of them aint metal fans. (black atom, double jack, acension etc)

im sure there is more...

yeh you pretty much sumed us up there maxi!

2. the "faded tshirt" metal scene. mainly made up of crap "metal" bands who like to "get fucking wasted" before they play' date=' release countless eps of badly produced material with crap song titles. generally play for fun and dont have many aspirations (element 106, statue of misery etc)[/quote']

I'd like to think I'm good at what I do. I've been told that I am reasonably talented on guitar.

I've never been wasted before playing - I find I play better when I know what's going on.

Our EP quality (I don't know if there's been any released before I joined) wasn't good I agree, it wasn't mixed at all. Next one will have better production and better playing.

I play for fun definitely - I put making a living first, because at the moment, this band isn't going to do that - but I always play hoping it gets somewhere! That's what I wanna achieve: "Making it" in a band.

I have very high aspirations! As much as anyone I'd say.

The reason Element asked me to try out was because I was recommended as a good player to them by Aaron (Weeping Jesus). I just want to get somewhere with bands and have fun doing so!

Of course though, your feud with Element isn't really to do with me - it began long before I joined and I personally don't know why it evolved.

Therefore I won't take it as a dig at me as much. Just stating the way I feel anyways!

Threadstarter: I play lead guitar and I'm heavily Slayer influenced. If you still need someone, give me a PM and we can maybe sort things out for a jam or whatnot. :up:

I'd like to think I'm good at what I do. I've been told that I am reasonably talented on guitar.

I've never been wasted before playing - I find I play better when I know what's going on.

Our EP quality (I don't know if there's been any released before I joined) wasn't good I agree' date=' it wasn't mixed at all. Next one will have better production and better playing.

I play for fun definitely - I put making a living first, because at the moment, this band isn't going to do that - but I always play hoping it gets somewhere! That's what I wanna achieve: "Making it" in a band.

I have very high aspirations! As much as anyone I'd say.

The reason Element asked me to try out was because I was recommended as a good player to them by Aaron (Weeping Jesus). I just want to get somewhere with bands and have fun doing so!

Of course though, your feud with Element isn't really to do with me - it began long before I joined and I personally don't know why it evolved.

Therefore I won't take it as a dig at me as much. Just stating the way I feel anyways!

Threadstarter: I play lead guitar and I'm heavily Slayer influenced. If you still need someone, give me a PM and we can maybe sort things out for a jam or whatnot. :up:[/quote']

thats no really me, yeh it would be ace to make it in som and i hope one day that may just happen but for me its just for fun, and for the banter

2. the "faded tshirt" metal scene. mainly made up of crap "metal" bands who like to "get fucking wasted" before they play' date=' release countless eps of badly produced material with crap song titles. generally play for fun and dont have many aspirations ([b']statue of misery etc)

im sure there is more...

by jove , i think he's got it.

p.s, i'll gie the skins a bashing for yiz. as soon as you said kyuss you had my attention. 8)

1. the "now" metal scene. most of the scamps are found in moshulu on friday nights and exodus on sunday nights with tight tshirts (with tattoos+piercings) and black hair over their faces. they only go to kerrang/rock sound approved moshulu gigs and gigs where their mates band are playing. these people all want to be in a band and you will generally find only frontmen. the bands are generally quite good at what they do' date=' spend lots of money on it and generally follow their dreams. (we shall be blessed, clearer the sky, etc)

2. the "faded tshirt" metal scene. mainly made up of crap "metal" bands who like to "get fucking wasted" before they play, release countless eps of badly produced material with crap song titles. generally play for fun and dont have many aspirations (element 106, statue of misery etc)

im sure there is more...[/quote']

lol.

1) Badly produced...I didnt realise you own a finished copy of our EP/

2) Crap song titles...guilty as charged.

3) Faded Tshirts?

4) No aspirations...true, dont give a fuck.

5) Prefer getting wasted after the gig.

a picture of you with your new guitar on your 7th birthday?

na got a pic of it on my 6th birthday lol and i am a good guitarist im nae trying to sound like a wideo or nething but i play for an avwerage of 4 hours a day and im on grade 8 guitar work but im nae bothered just saying i would do it if use dont find ne1 else