aberdeen-music

Bassist Required For Rock Group DEADLOSS SUPERSTAR - apply within

The Ghost Of Fudge

Bri, you forgot a very important point. The new bassist must rock like a motherbitch onstage i.e throwing your bass around without any consideration for your own safety or your bandmates and general leaping about. Oh, and scissor kicks.

I still reckon I should get final say on who replaces me. Surely I'm the most qualified to make that decision. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman

Jings, I think INXS had less limitations looking for a new singer on thon programme than you lot have for a bass player....

the man has a point.

but no.

no, i think not: the deadloss superstar experience has not yet reached its natural conclusion.

still, training up a new bassist could suck what life remains from our weary bodies. which is why it's important that any potential bassists won't need more than a couple of rehersals MAX before playing their debut gig :D

1. Bassist must be willing to travel for gigs where at all possible.

No problem there...

2. Bassist must be prepared to take to the stage frequently with no rehersal or soundcheck - i.e. the ability to teach yourself the songs would be useful here.

DS songs are all pish easy...so again wheres the problem

3. Bassist must be unafraid of rock music, with an appreciation of metal, stoner, grunge, etc.

My life to date has been dedicated to ROCK!!!

4. Bassist must NOT play funk bass. We spent years trying to ditch a funk bassist, we're not going back there in a hurry.

Youre kidding right?

5. Bassist must be aware that 'stage antics' could involve stuff being thrown at him, beer being sprayed in his general direction, his (or her) being pushed over the lip of the stage, and/or a right good piley-on style kicking at the end of the set.

Now there might be a problem with that, the beer and throwing shit aint a worry, but being pushed off stage and piley-on's with my back....nah!!

6. Bassist must sing backing vocals, probably.

Cool

7. Bassist must be 18 or over.

How over???

8. Bassist must NOT be shite.

Im fuckin great!!

9. Bassist must be willing to rehearse in random locations (aberdeen/dundee/edinburgh) when at all possible. Rehersals will occur only once or twice a year (see point 2)

Fuckit, Mr Onz gigs were far better without the rehersal....in my opinion

10. cannae think of any more. feel free to add your own.

you'll get all the groupies cos none of them will look at an old fat bastard like me...:down:

Yeah, I'd pay £3 to see that -I think a black t shirt with white SECURITY on the front would be a great on stage costume, if you did karate moves like Elvis I might even pay as much as £4 - could we all chip in and buy a super strength corset to protect your back?, then we could be treated to the bass player filling in the band at the end for a change.