aberdeen-music

Bassist Required For Rock Group DEADLOSS SUPERSTAR - apply within

The Ghost Of Fudge

Nothing wrong with playing in your socks. I've got a pair of boots I always wear to gigs because they kinda transmit my bass noises up my legs and I can hear myself better' date=' without drowning ahbody out. I forgot my bass boots a couple of times and ended up playing barefoot - just as good. I bet thats what he was doing....... All you other bassists out there should try it.... muchos better good! :laughing:[/quote']

It does help... that's what Evelyn Glennie does.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not sell the idea to ITV, call it bass idol, they need a sure fire saturday night hit after their latest flop. soundian could be the cowell like judge (since mr christie used to twang the bass back in the 1930's) and le peep the not so nasty one....

Guest onlynik

Instead of Bass Idol, how about " Deadloss Superstar Star", you should atleast film the auditions, then post it on you tube, or the deadloss site, then you can claim rights when ITV steal it.

1. Bassist must be willing to travel for gigs where at all possible.

2. Bassist must be prepared to take to the stage frequently with no rehersal or soundcheck - i.e. the ability to teach yourself the songs would be useful here.

3. Bassist must be unafraid of rock music' date=' with an appreciation of metal, stoner, grunge, etc.

4. Bassist must NOT play funk bass. We spent years trying to ditch a funk bassist, we're not going back there in a hurry.

5. Bassist must be aware that 'stage antics' could involve stuff being thrown at him, beer being sprayed in his general direction, his (or her) being pushed over the lip of the stage, and/or a right good piley-on style kicking at the end of the set.

6. Bassist must sing backing vocals, probably.

7. Bassist must be 18 or over.

8. Bassist must NOT be shite.

9. Bassist must be willing to rehearse in random locations (aberdeen/dundee/edinburgh) when at all possible. Rehersals will occur only once or twice a year (see point 2)

10. cannae think of any more. feel free to add your own.[/quote']

There's yer problem. You have ten requirements. Bass players can only count up to four. What you need to do now is find a drummer who can be sober long enough to translate the application form.

Guest bluesxman

Why don't you make Rachie play bass instead of cello? She is obviously at least talented on a stringed instrument. And she gets pissed a lot probably. And knows your songs. :up:

Instead of Bass Idol' date=' how about " Deadloss Superstar Star", you should atleast film the auditions, then post it on you tube, or the deadloss site, then you can claim rights when ITV steal it.[/quote']

that's a fuckin top idea. post the buggers on youtube! genius.

we were toying with the idea of a gig where we have a different bassist for every song...

Why don't you make Rachie play bass instead of cello? She is obviously at least talented on a stringed instrument. And she gets pissed a lot probably. And knows your songs. :up:

that's a great plan in all but ONE aspect. she'd do a fine job on bass (perhaps we should ask her when she's pissed tonight/tomorrow), but i fear she's too pretty for Designated Stage Target A :D

i'd feel bad about head-butting her, kicking out her legs, spitting beer over her and punching her to the ground at the end of a set. still, if i HAD to...

Guest bluesxman
we were toying with the idea of a gig where we have a different bassist for every song...

Fuckin hell, even I could learn one bass line. I can play She Sells Sanctuary on bass no bother. All 3 notes of it. And With Or Without You by U2. And She's Lost Control by Joy Division. :up: Piece o piss.

Guest bluesxman
i'd feel bad about head-butting her' date=' kicking out her legs, spitting beer over her and punching her to the ground at the end of a set. still, if i HAD to...[/quote']

Well you could always just pick on the 2 remaining blokes. Although I noticed last Friday you never spat beer at the big guy in the hat :up:

Fuckin hell' date=' even I could learn one bass line. I can play She Sells Sanctuary on bass no bother. All 3 notes of it. And With Or Without You by U2. And She's Lost Control by Joy Division. :up: Piece o piss.[/quote']

ah, but we'd have our 'Random Bassist Generator' in action before every song, so the prospective bassists wouldn't known which song/songs they were getting...

maybe this will happen. maybe not. could be fun though.

Well you could always just pick on the 2 remaining blokes. Although I noticed last Friday you never spat beer at the big guy in the hat :up:

i'm cutting down on the beer spitting. our drummer informed me recently, with a dark and dangerous look in his one good eye, that "spitting beer on cymbals fucks them up".

even i was able to extract a message from his statement...

in other news, i watched the video of the drummonds gig back, and The Big Guy In The Hat appeared to be playing completely random notes during at least one song :D

that's a great plan in all but ONE aspect. she'd do a fine job on bass (perhaps we should ask her when she's pissed tonight/tomorrow)' date=' but i fear she's too pretty for Designated Stage Target A :D

i'd feel bad about head-butting her, kicking out her legs, spitting beer over her and punching her to the ground at the end of a set. still, if i HAD to...[/quote']

I could take you.

Nae bother.

I could just start playing bass line on the 'cello... but where would the fun in that be? Let's have someone new to abuse.

What about that Jimmy Lucifer fellow? He could fill in the James Deadloss mantle... similar names too?

;)

heh heh!

i posted bri's original 'ad' in a few more embra-based forums this morning, too see if i could stir up a bit of interest down these parts. but the message at 'edinburgh metal scene' brought on the wrath of one indignant metal citizen. maybe i should have reworded the ad in a more kindly manner or sumfink.

anyway, the backlash starts here!

FUCK DEADLOSS SUPERSTAR!

and FUCK BASSISTS while we're at it.

take those statements as revolutionary propaganda, or simply invitations to a good time, i don't mind.

x