aberdeen-music

Bassist Required For Rock Group DEADLOSS SUPERSTAR - apply within

The Ghost Of Fudge

Yes, so, James the Bassist is offski. He's going to be concentrating on his new hardcore band or something. Like we care.

SO! WE NEED A NEW BASSIST! IT'S OFFISHULL!

If you want to check out the band: www.deadlosssuperstar.co.uk

Eight people (some we know, some we don't) have put themselves forward so far... some are in bands already, some aren't, some are in their late 20's, some are in their teens, some like emo, some don't, etc etc etc...

it's like a big melting pot of bassists... anyway, if you want to be considered, post in this thread or PM me... further details below, cheers.

1. Bassist must be willing to travel for gigs where at all possible.

2. Bassist must be prepared to take to the stage frequently with no rehersal or soundcheck - i.e. the ability to teach yourself the songs would be useful here.

3. Bassist must be unafraid of rock music, with an appreciation of metal, stoner, grunge, etc.

4. Bassist must NOT play funk bass. We spent years trying to ditch a funk bassist, we're not going back there in a hurry.

5. Bassist must be aware that 'stage antics' could involve stuff being thrown at him, beer being sprayed in his general direction, his (or her) being pushed over the lip of the stage, and/or a right good piley-on style kicking at the end of the set.

6. Bassist must sing backing vocals, probably.

7. Bassist must be 18 or over.

8. Bassist must NOT be shite.

9. Bassist must be willing to rehearse in random locations (aberdeen/dundee/edinburgh) when at all possible. Rehersals will occur only once or twice a year (see point 2)

10. cannae think of any more. feel free to add your own.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Bassist must NOT play funk bass. We spent years trying to ditch a funk bassist' date=' we're not going back there in a hurry.

8. Bassist must NOT be shite.[/quote']

4. Wheres this ditched bassist? Funk bassists are hard to come by. You guys all call them bad names and they think theres no place in this world for funk and they end up emos/takin their lives :up:

8. How hard is it to play 1 note at a time?

Please accept this as way of application for the position of bass player:

I could play via video conferencing facilities?

2. Bassist must be prepared to take to the stage frequently with no rehersal or soundcheck - i.e. the ability to teach yourself the songs would be useful here.

Teach myself the songs? Is that because you lot don't know them.

3. Bassist must be unafraid of rock music, with an appreciation of metal, stoner, grunge, etc.

Rock music is afraid of me.

4. Bassist must NOT play funk bass. We spent years trying to ditch a funk bassist, we're not going back there in a hurry.

If Subsisty can put up with it, then so can you. I almost managed to get a jazz-funk slap bass line into Kitty Lover.

5. Bassist must be aware that 'stage antics' could involve stuff being thrown at him, beer being sprayed in his general direction, his (or her) being pushed over the lip of the stage, and/or a right good piley-on style kicking at the end of the set.

Being hit with a bass will hurt more than being pushed off stage.

Not a good idea.

Comfortably.

:swearing:

9. Bassist must be willing to rehearse in random locations (aberdeen/dundee/edinburgh) when at all possible. Rehersals will occur only once or twice a year (see point 2)

If I'd be expected to risk myself going to Dundee, then I'd be expecting the rest of the band to travel to Inverness to practise (even though there are no rehersal venues in Inverness, and you's are not playing in my garage(even though I don't have a garage))

11. bassist should preferably have car.

I have three.

12. bassist should preferably have a bass guitar, and maybe even a bass amp.

I have several of each.

13. bassist should be able to play the bass.

I am actually a failed guitar player, but how easy can it be to play one note at a time.

hmmm. at the risk of spending the rest of the day arsing around on this forum (what chance? i hear you yell), i'll chip in a few guiding lights for all you prospective bassist types...

Please accept this as way of application for the position of bass player:

"I could play via video conferencing facilities?"

THAT MAY NOT BE QUITE GOOD ENOUGH. IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO THROW PINT GLASSES AND GUITARS AT YOU IF YOU WEREN'T IN THE ROOM.

"Teach myself the songs? Is that because you lot don't know them."

NO' date=' WE KNOW THEM. WE KNOW THEM TO DEATH. WE JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR INCLINATION TO TEACH THEM TO YOU :)

"Rock music is afraid of me."

NICE TOUCH.

"If Subsisty can put up with it, then so can you. I almost managed to get a jazz-funk slap bass line into Kitty Lover."

THAT'S A BLACK MARK AGAINST YOUR NAME, FUNK LOVER. YOU WERE DOING SO WELL...

"Being hit with a bass will hurt more than being pushed off stage."

DEPENDS WHERE THE BROKEN GLASS IS REALLY, DUNNIT?

"Not a good idea."

AT LEAST YOU'RE HONEST. BUT THINK OF IT AS SCREAMING MORE THAN SINGING.

"Comfortably."

LITTLE KNOWN FACT, BUT BINKY OUR CURRENT BASSIST IS ONLY FIFTEEN...

:swearing:

"If I'd be expected to risk myself going to Dundee, then I'd be expecting the rest of the band to travel to Inverness to practise (even though there are no rehersal venues in Inverness, and you's are not playing in my garage(even though I don't have a garage))"

IT'S OKAY. WE DON'T REALLY REHEARSE. I MADE THAT BIT UP.

11. bassist should preferably have car.

"I have three."

CONSIDER YOURSELF HIRED!

12. bassist should preferably have a bass guitar, and maybe even a bass amp.

"I have several of each."

NICE ONE. WHY AM I DOING THIS? I SHOULD BE OFF TO PITTODRIE TO PICK UP MY TIX FOR THE EVERTON GAME SINCE IT'S A NICE SUNNY DAY...

13. bassist should be able to play the bass.

I am actually a failed guitar player, but how easy can it be to play one note at a time.

TOO DIFFICULT FOR ME - BUT EASY FOR A MAN OF YOUR DIGITAL DEXTERITY.

[/quote']

MUST. SIGN. OFF. MUST. NOT. WASTE. AFTERNOON.

he used to go up and play onstage in his SOCKS. that's right' date=' his SOCKS.

[/quote']

Nothing wrong with playing in your socks. I've got a pair of boots I always wear to gigs because they kinda transmit my bass noises up my legs and I can hear myself better, without drowning ahbody out. I forgot my bass boots a couple of times and ended up playing barefoot - just as good. I bet thats what he was doing....... All you other bassists out there should try it.... muchos better good! :laughing:

top of the shortlist!

CV includes Gotham City Night Life, Headbiter, General Zod, Coriolis, Subsistence, Electric Tibet, Art Fuck, Spinal Pap and The Leonard Jones Potential. I came to a RATAMS practise onceo_O

I also played in a band with Dave Nicholson and Mike Hyland before our drummer fucked off and Men Lie turned indie and stole Dave.

What more could you want?:swearing: