aberdeen-music

Poor Bob!

Guest MKII

Guest bluesxman

I think Geldof agreeing to play a 12,000 capacity venue in the first place either indicates he wasn't paying attention to his bookings or he is severely delusional over his crowd pulling abilities....wonder if his travel and accomodation was paid for, free holiday I suppose!:up:

I think Geldof agreeing to play a 12' date='000 capacity venue in the first place either indicates he wasn't paying attention to his bookings or he is severely delusional over his crowd pulling abilities....wonder if his travel and accomodation was paid for, free holiday I suppose!:up:[/quote']

I agree, I like Bob, but 12,000 ?? he couldnt do a tenth of that here and he had all his hits in this country, dont know what he was thinking.

Cheers

Stuart

He ought to have played for the people that showed up and accepted it with dignity.

He definitely should have played...

Then went for a piss up with them after! :cheers:

I agree' date=' I like Bob, but 12,000 ?? he couldnt do a tenth of that here and he had all his hits in this country, dont know what he was thinking.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Surely its the promoter that decides upon the venue in this situation? The promoter agrees a fee to pay Bob, and it is up to them to pick venue, promote it etc etc, and they take any profits after expenses?

Just a thought...

Surely its the promoter that decides upon the venue in this situation? The promoter agrees a fee to pay Bob' date=' and it is up to them to pick venue, promote it etc etc, and they take any profits after expenses?

Just a thought...[/quote']

Yes but as an artist Bob knows more than a promoter what he's likely to sell, you'd think the alarm bells would go off at 12,000 as I'm sure either him or his management must have got venue specs.

Cheers

Stuart