aberdeen-music

MAPS! New Song! Myspace!

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild
I really like this song. There is something kinda weird that i really enjoy about the Maps sound - cant realy describe it though. The guitar tone is very kool though. Who sings in Maps?

The vocalists are Rob and Phillip. Mainly Rob. Phillip provides backing on every track and sings lead on one outright. When I say sings, I mean "sings" ;-)

So' date=' New Order then ;-)

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.[/quote']

It was alright, reminded me of Ceremony a little bit actually. Perhaps a "modern Joy Division" can be defined as the songs which New Order are writing as Joy Division songs for the new Curtis movie.

thanks for the feedback folks. i don't think it sounds much like joy division meself but i'm not gonna complain if others say we do. i think it's fair to say all members of maps have a liking for curtis and co, though perhaps not as evident as a previous band i was in.

henry's gonna be ace to play live, it makes us all sweaty :)

new songs on their way soon, we've almost finished recording another one and have started on a few others. hopefully we'll get into the studio in august to record even better versions :)

Guest Mr Blastcap

ach, it disnae sound like joy division: its not shit for a start! (in my humble opinion joy division were a bit rum, the bass and drums were good though. It takes me a week to digest a Maps tune so i dont know if its good or great. i liked the other one on myspace, it had braw tikketty tikk guitar noises on it..........

my oven blew up while downloading this, i dont know if that is a good or bad thing.