aberdeen-music

I made a sculpture at the weekend...

lepeep

apparently sculptures' date=' but they are hard to find.[/quote']

hmm, well, we used to get taken there all the time as youngsters. I loved that place. I remember about 6 or 7 sculptures and they weren't hard to find, they were directly off the path. There was the fireballs, a sort of wooden beehive, the hut with a pinhole in the roof that shone the shadow of the leaves... and stuff. Oh yeah, the bisen. Those were a bit creepy.

But like I say that was a good frew years ago, might not still be the same?

I went to Tyrebagger on Sunday and half of the sculptures seem to have gone. The ''American Bison'' are looking a tad shabby and threadbare. Stones are missing from the cave thing aswell.

Who's up for an artist's rampage?

lepeep getting written about on the net = cool.

yeah! lets start a sculpture revolution!

see if we can all make some sort of public art (that's not a piss take, you know a coke tin in a pile of sick)...something that we can be proud of and say "I did that!"...

we could also see if we can all spot each others works ?

I'd be up for it...(I'll be doing some more natural bits in local forests, as I'd said)...

something in town might be interesting?....

yeah! lets start a sculpture revolution!

see if we can all make some sort of public art (that's not a piss take' date=' you know a coke tin in a pile of sick)...something that we can be proud of and say "I did that!"...

we could also see if we can all spot each others works ?

I'd be up for it...(I'll be doing some more natural bits in local forests, as I'd said)...

something in town might be interesting?....[/quote']

Yeah, I'm thinking along the works of a grafitti arist called ''Banksy''? Joke, by the way, I'm not that talented.

banksytwogal.jpg

got the banksey book for xmas, some great thoughts in there, about what "art" really is (to him!)...

I lived in Hoxton for a year, and it was fun spotting all the banksy's all over the place. I once followed the wiggly line (on the south bank), not having a clue who did it...and I also found the "end" where the copper is on his knees, sniffing the line with a £20. (quite exciting to find them up alleys and back streets)...

I saw some Banksy work in Durham - I got excited and took photos. Highlight of my fucking trip.

The guy does have some points to make; I read the majority of his ''Wall and Piece'' in Borders Bookshop in Glasgow one day (I refuse to pay for a book).

Spray paint yeah?