aberdeen-music

Doctor Who!!!

fi_miller

cannot believe that theres no threads on Doctor Who!!!! (i know i know aberdeen MUSIC - supposed to be about musical-ness) i thought the 2005 and the 2006 episodes where just fantastic and the doctors were supremely awesome. Billie Piper was quite good also, yes indeed.:up: anyway what did all you folks think of the new seasons? im not really a big fan of the old doctor who, but anyone prefer the old old episodes?

Fi

cannot believe that theres no threads on Doctor Who!!!! (i know i know aberdeen MUSIC - supposed to be about musical-ness) i thought the 2005 and the 2006 episodes where just fantastic and the doctors were supremely awesome. Billie Piper was quite good also' date=' yes indeed.:up: anyway what did all you folks think of the new seasons? im not really a big fan of the old doctor who, but anyone prefer the old old episodes?

[/quote']

I'm a life-long fan, and I really like the new stuff. Ecclestone was supeb, and Tenant had some great moments. The last season was predominantly good, only the shitty Peter Kay episode and a coupl'a others let it down. The French clockwork robots one was ace! the devil one was great, and both the Cybermen stories were excellent too.

I'm a life-long fan' date=' and I really like the new stuff. Ecclestone was supeb, and Tenant had some great moments. The last season was predominantly good, only the shitty Peter Kay episode and a coupl'a others let it down. The French clockwork robots one was ace! the devil one was great, and both the Cybermen stories were excellent too.[/quote']

I love it, any era tbh, I have recently got some of the spinoffs on video, Auton, and one of the Stranger vids. I know that Del is a big fan as we have frequently discusse various episodes and are both loving the new stuff. It was great to see K9 back and I'd quite like to see more episodes where they revisit old companions, as well as ones where they're referenced. I loved the cybermen but thought maybe twice in one season was a bit much, would love to see the Sea Devils or Silurians back.

Cheers

Stuart

would love to see the Sea Devils or Silurians back.

Ice Warriors! The Master! Zygons! (They were fucking terrifying)

Yeah' date=' the return of K9 was great, the voice was spot on. Even more of the bizarre bad guys they've had in previous years would be great to have back. The Candyman anyone?

[img']http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/images/7L.jpg

Anyone seen the re-created animated episodes from the lost footage?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/images/7L.jpg

Yeah i whole heartily agree 2005 and 2006 are awsome

Maybe its because ecclesakes was the 1st new doctor but i was devastated when he morphed into tennant..

Now im just as big a fan of tennant as i was of ecklescakes.......But now billie has left im worried ill not like 2007..As much as i used to hate billie piper i found her amazing in 2005 and 2006 and felt she was a solid part of the new adventures...

Im no anorak of the dr or anyhting but ive honestly watched 2005 and 2006 about 20times already....

Must see tv

Now im just as big a fan of tennant as i was of ecklescakes.......But now billie has left im worried ill not like 2007..As much as i used to hate billie piper i found her amazing in 2005 and 2006 and felt she was a solid part of the new adventures...

She definitely been one of the best companions I've see (been watching Who since the early eighties), way more proactive and involved in the stories than previous companions have, with the odd exception.

SPOILERS BELOW!

I'm kinda glad they didn't kill her off though, so she might make the odd reappearance. I'm sure only one companion has been killed before, Turlough?

I'm kinda glad they didn't kill her off though' date=' so she might make the odd reappearance. I'm sure only one companion has been killed before, Turlough?[/quote']

Turlough didnt die, I'm assuming you mean Adric who died stopping the cybermen in Earthshock. Have you heard the Big Finish audio's ? A lot of the original companions and original Dr's return for new audio plays, nice to see what would have come of McGann's Dr.

Cheers

Stuart

Can't bear it. Billie P and David Tennant are excellent (not an Eccleston fan) but the series is so camp and glib, it doesn't stand still for a second to drum up any atmosphere.

It has no menace at all, there's never any real jeopardy.

One of the things I liked about Who as a kid was the four part stories, the gradual unfolding and mystery. Whenever I try and watch a new one it feels like it's started half way through the final episode.

one of the only things that really pissed me off about the ending was the whole fact that Catherine Tate was in it. now the Christmas episode is going to be aaaaaaaaall about her. shit. thank god shes not the replacement for Billie Piper. she was aaace. i still dont know who, out of Ecclestone and Tennant, is the better of the two 'new' doctors. they both bring different things to the roles. hmmmmmmm......

Fi

Adric! That's the fucker!

Haha. Pretty sure I have the DVD of Earthshock kicking about... it was Adric that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs!! Haha.

Aye, the Clockwork Robots from "Girl In The Fireplace" were just fantastic.

All we need next season are a few more revelations about the Time War and stuff. And we can't really believe that ALL the timelords took part in the war can we? I just can't see The Master being killed.

I loved the classic series and think that the new era is just as good. Eccleston just edges it for me I think. And yes, Catherine Tate is worrying me greatly with regards to the Xmas special, although I think 'Torchwood' looks quite interesting

I'm hoping for a lot of fanboy stuff in the new series and I think they could do a great deal with the 'Time War' storyline. The return of The Master is an obvious thing to expect, perhaps Davros as well. Would like to see some lesser known enemies return too, like the Ice Warriors or the Sontarans. But I'm really hoping for some kind of flashback to the events of the Time War; I reckon some momentous event during it caused the regeneration of the Eighth Doctor. Probably a Paul McGann regeneration scene would be out of the question, but I'd love to see a multi-Doctor story tying up loose ends.