aberdeen-music

Golf is shit but well done Tiger

jackson

Yehh - im not the biggest fan of golf either but after playing tiger woods religiously i felt the need to watch it today.And i did so for about three hours and got fairly hooked.Reckon i could rally get into it now.Tiger was unstoppable.Very disiplined and profesional.Take it he won yeh?Or is the tournament still going on?Still dont quite get how the rankings and that works...

Guest bluesxman
im not the biggest fan of golf either but after playing tiger woods religiously i felt the need to watch it today.

There is something curiously contradictory about that whole statement.....

Guest bluesxman
well i enjoy playing the game - but i find the sport boring and shit - but i felt the urge to watch it because of the games influence you see.

Yes and that's whats curious, you find the sport 'boring and shit' but can happily play it on a games console. The real thing is far more difficult and challenging.

Guest bluesxman
Just out of interest' date=' have you ever actually played the game?[/quote']

What, Tiger Woods on a console or proper golf? Yes to both anyway. Play golf every week, member at Stonehaven. I'm shite like, but ah well....

What' date=' Tiger Woods on a console or proper golf? Yes to both anyway. Play golf every week, member at Stonehaven. I'm shite like, but ah well....[/quote']

I can guarentee you're not as shite as me!

what like is Stonehaven? Never played it - usually just play Hazelhead or the courses back home (Buckpool / Strathlene).

Tiger Woods on the Playstation is great but it's nothign like the real thing.

I can't play for toffee, but popping to the driving range and pinging a few drives off is ace fun, a fun night out for only about 4 quid...you might be supprised at how easy / hard driving is...I can melt some a fair distance, but accuracy ?.... nope!

what like is Stonehaven? Never played it - usually just play Hazelhead or the courses back home (Buckpool / Strathlene).

Tiger Woods on the Playstation is great but it's nothign like the real thing.

Stonehaven is a good course. One of the "must play" courses in Scotland - sloping fairways, gully holes, and a some great cliff top views:up:

Guest bluesxman

People slag it off and while it may not be as lush as some courses, but it definitely makes you learn how to play varying shots, upslope, downslope, ball above feet, ball below feet, etc. It's tricky but it's where I stay so meh - i'm not into the idea of travelling miles for a game. I made it round in 90 once, which with no handicap is not too bad, around par. Have never come close again though....I play at Hazlehead on a monthly work outing, it's OK, in fact next outing is next Wednesday....