aberdeen-music

Fucking Sony mobile phones!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemonade

I hate them.

Every time I connect mine to the computer to take the photos off it, it works for about a minute, then it says the hardware has malfunctioned, cuts the connection, and all the photos disappear off my phone. And all the videos and often the MP3s too. It's driving me fucking crazy.

That's what I was doing this morning when it deleted 150 photos, fucking piece of shit.

In addition to this I've also got a Sony Playstation 2 that wont play CDs, DVDs, PS1 games, or even PS2 games unless the disc is silver rendering most of my back catalgue useless. A Sony DVD player that skips and sticks a lot of the time, and I had a Sony MP3 player that broke so many times that I took it back in and demanded a refund. I'm sick of Sony! I wouldn't mind so much if it was some cheap pish like Bush or Goodmans, but Sony stuff is dear and I expect it to work.

In addition to this I've also got a Sony Playstation 2 that wont play CDs' date=' DVDs, PS1 games, or even PS2 games unless the disc is silver rendering most of my back catalgue useless. [/quote']

Is it an original one or a slimline one?

If it's an original one i can probably fix it for you.

In addition to this I've also got a Sony Playstation 2 that wont play CDs' date=' DVDs, PS1 games, or even PS2 games unless the disc is silver rendering most of my back catalgue useless. [/quote']

My one did the same thing but being desperate and having a shitload of games i figured it was worth buying a new one. Im always ready for this one to start the same shit again and when it does its going through the window.

I`ve got a W900i and a bluetooth dongle and it`s a piece of piss to transfer pics and videos. I tried the USB lead when I first got it and it was a pain in the arse but I`ve never had a problem transferring files to and from the phone wi` mah dongle. A friend of mine has a K750i and it works great with bluetooth too. (I use a prog called XTND Connect Blue Manager which came with my dongle which cost about 7 on eBay) HTH :up:

my w800i does the same thing where it deletes all the stuff off when its connected to the computer so i use bluetooth instead

I've got the w800i, I've found it works if I take the memory card out and put it in my mates digital camera then connect that. However impatience got the better of me the other day (my mate's in spain, with his camera) and connected the phone to the computer, lost 150 photos many of which I can't replace. Bunch of arse!

lost 150 photos many of which I can't replace. Bunch of arse!

I feel your pain! Much sympathy to Elwood...... I hated my Sony phone when I had one too - bunch of shit that it was! Used to crash randomly & frequently which involved taking the sim card out and putting it back in 10 times a day - Grrrr it drove me crazy! My Sony minidisk (200 at the time = rakes of cash to minimum wage chick) only lasted 2 weeks past it's years warranty too. On the other hand, I'm still using a Sony turntable my dad got as a graduation present back in 1967 - so they weren't always this shit.......... My advice, get a new phone that works and feel the stress ebb away................. I've got a motorola just now. I suspect it will not last till they give me another free phone but no probs in the last 8 months so fingers crossed..............

I feel your pain! Much sympathy to Elwood...... I hated my Sony phone when I had one too - bunch of shit that it was! Used to crash randomly & frequently which involved taking the sim card out and putting it back in 10 times a day - Grrrr it drove me crazy! My Sony minidisk (200 at the time = rakes of cash to minimum wage chick) only lasted 2 weeks past it's years warranty too. On the other hand' date=' I'm still using a Sony turntable my dad got as a graduation present back in 1967 - so they weren't always this shit.......... My advice, get a new phone that works and feel the stress ebb away................. I've got a motorola just now. I suspect it will not last till they give me another free phone but no probs in the last 8 months so fingers crossed..............[/quote']

I just spent 200 on a set of Sony decks, they better work, fucking Sony bastards.

I HATE SONY!!!

If its the connector at the bottom of the phone, I found that if mine is sitting at the edge or a table or whatever, the cable can pull down (gravity pulling the cable itself) just enough to make the connection dodgy, flip the phone over and it seemed to be fine

David

i have a sony w800i mobile and have had no problems with it at all. people complain about the software but the software is also a piece of piss to use and again has given me no problems. just thought id speak up and defend sony mobile phones because ive had one for about 3 years and they are fucking ace. sonic stage is also a bit tedious but ive used it for years and once you work out its quirks it works just fine and i find its very reliable.

i have a sony w800i mobile and have had no problems with it at all. people complain about the software but the software is also a piece of piss to use and again has given me no problems. just thought id speak up and defend sony mobile phones because ive had one for about 3 years and they are fucking ace. sonic stage is also a bit tedious but ive used it for years and once you work out its quirks it works just fine and i find its very reliable.

The w800i's been around for three years? o_O I think you're talking a pile of shit.

I woulda defended my choice of phone too until it started going head over tit. It's a very good phone with lots of bells and whistles, but It's giving me a fair bit of grief at the moment.

Guest onlynik

I have a k700i which does everything I need it to. I don't bother connecting it to the PC, as the Sony software sucks balls. Nokia make the best software, but the last phone I had with them (N70) was just so awful it had to get rid of it and wne t back to the K700i. Though the power cable can be kind of dodgy now and again.

Ahhhh Sony' date='

I have a Sony Hi-Fi and I love it with all my heart. On the flip-side I have a Sony MP3 player... which despite being rather nifty once I get everything on it... came with SonicStage.

Sonic Stage is the worst software I've been forced to use in my entire life. It makes my heart ache with shame.

I have a Nokia phone. My phone is shite. My phone is old. End of.[/quote']

I don't see what problems people have with sonicstage? its always worked perfertly for me and been simple enough to work with - admittedly I am only ripping from cd, so i don't know about importing other music

The sonftware I got with my phone on the other hand disc2phone refuses to work, but I can just ignroe that and rip using another programme and put it on through the file manger instead, easy enough to do

David

I just got a new sony ericsson, it's being a pain currently as the file transfer program doesn't recognise the phone as being connected (when it is, via the usb cable) even though the synchronisation program does recognise it as being connected. Phone doesn't turn up as removable media either. Means I can't set Wolf Eyes as my ringtone :(

My last sony ericsson phone was great though, withstood obscene amounts of abuse, and the actual new phone is great too, just the connection software :\