aberdeen-music

THE RUMBLESTRIPS@ SNAFU - DHC Thursday 10th AUGUST - 10pm

hey guys

DHC and Snafu are proud to present...

Thursday 10th August

THE RUMBLESTRIPS

"Together, they conjure a timeless rush of sax and trumpet, pounding piano and drums, and sweet melody. The quality of the songs speak for themselves, but in Charlie, the band have a singer with a voice that will become synonymous with hairs raised down the back of many a neck for years to come.

And what songs they are. The sound of wide-eyed yearning, life-affirming choruses all awash with the optimism of youth. The superb, entwining musicianship of the unit is complimented by Charlie; wry lyrical observations; at times wistful and romantic, but always packed with colourful imagery and sharp humour.

Chosen launchpad for the outfit, Transgressive Records have in the space of just one year established themselves as the hottest label around for launching acclaimed new talent (Battle, The Young Knives, Regina Spektor, Ladyfuzz, Mystery Jets, The Subways, not to mention prior ties via Tim Dellow; former indie start-up Trash Aesthetics, which spawned first releases from The Rakes and Bloc Party).

The band have recently signed to Island Records, with an EP out October 2nd The album will follow in early 2007."

www.myspace.com/rumblestripsuk

Summer dates for Rumble Strips include Reading, Leeds, Love Box and Belladrum Festival.

BUT YOU CAN CATCH THEM AT SNAFU INSTEAD!!!!

ALSO CHECK OUT THE LATEST EDITION OF SNAFU MAGAZINE FOR AN INTERVIEW!

with support from:

THE LITTLE KICKS

www.myspace.com/thelittlekicks

PLUS

DHC DJs Nick and Steven till 2am

5 on door / PM me for advance tickets or get from snafu website or Earl of Sandwich,Market Street

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 awesome acts, INDIE ROCKIN ELECTRO DISCO AFTER all for 3 entry

see you thursdays

FUTURE HIGHLIGHTS include the following bands very soon in your local favourite place to go on thursdays!:

YELLOW BENTINES

ATTACK AND DEFEND

V FOR VICTORY

PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS,

DOWN THE TINY STEPS !

THE ROMANCE

PLUS ALL THE ACE LOCAL ACTS YOU CAN THINK OF

P>S _ check out all snafus events at www.clubsnafu.com

• 2 weeks later...

rumblestrips

quick update on this gig:

interest is getting pretty mad and tickets are shifting pretty quick so ppl should get in advance (plus its cheaper)

go to www.clubsnafu.com

ALSO

on the support front from us the little kicks, the gig is our last aberdeen slot before we go away to London town on the Monday for a week of gigs.As a result were playing some new stuff and hope to see a few familiar faces for a bit of feedback and a damn good nite out!

x

just to say again that you could do yourself a favour and buy tickets from the above online link.

its a quid cheaper and easy as pie!

looking forward to thursday, although we are now playing thursday, friday (tunnels), saturday (supporting needles) before going to london sunday for a week of gigs! getting rest in at the mo

im going to try to stay sober on thursday too as nick is away so its just me DJing after the gig.

should be a cracker tho.

see you all then.

Little Kicks were good last night. A few mistakes and they never seemed to hit top gear but it was a solid set. Much like our quiz performance beforehand really...

Strangely, during the little kicks set, there was a blonde girl standing behind me who started dancing at one point then bumped into me. She apologised, then a few seconds later got her friend to take a picture of her standing beside me. I don't suppose anyone knows what that was all about do they? Confused the hell out of me.

Little Kicks were good last night. A few mistakes and they never seemed to hit top gear but it was a solid set. Much like our quiz performance beforehand really...

Strangely' date=' during the little kicks set, there was a blonde girl standing behind me who started dancing at one point then bumped into me. She apologised, then a few seconds later got her friend to take a picture of her standing beside me. I don't suppose anyone knows what that was all about do they? Confused the hell out of me.[/quote']

I agree with that review totally.We never really got into gear last night.Was a strange one.Still we have tonight and tomorrow to up our game before our london town gigs next week.

As for the girl, that sounds like a friend of mine.Will ask her if they know anything.

Last night was good fun.