aberdeen-music

Fender valve amp for sale

Guest MKII

For sale:

15 watt 1995 tweed Fender Pro Junior valve amp.

Just re-valved(today) with JJ Tesla EL84'S and 2 60's Mullard ECC81's. Fantastic vintage power amp overdrive tones at reasonable volume levels. Nice vintage looks as well. Simple volume and tone set up.

200 ono

DSC02613.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

For sale:

15 watt 1995 tweed Fender Pro Junior valve amp.

Just re-valved(today) with JJ Tesla EL84'S and 2 60's Mullard ECC81's. Fantastic vintage power amp overdrive tones at reasonable volume levels. Nice vintage looks as well. Simple volume and tone set up.

£200 ono

DSC02613.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

Looks OK, but to be honest I'm FAR more interested in that utterly gorgeous arse in your avatar (miss Knowles perhaps?) got any more of those?

DZL

ps - did I mention that I'd appreciate more info on THAT arse?

DZL

Guest DustyDeviada
Looks OK' date=' but to be honest I'm FAR more interested in that utterly gorgeous arse in your avatar (miss Knowles perhaps?) got any more of those?

DZL

ps - did I mention that I'd appreciate more info on THAT arse?

DZL[/quote']

This appears to be the arse in question:

No-comment-photo-New-York-City-Brooklyn--_srcgpx10001x14294x17d0eff41.jpg

How do the Pros compare to the Blues Junior?

I dont know' date=' but this is a US built amp, supposedly better than the current mexican version, I guess it's basically a modern take on the old tweed champ.

I used it on my demos: [url']www.myspace.com/sundaramusic

The overdriven sounds on the last tune are the volume turned to about 7 with treble on 10.

Guest lime ruined my life

is it an auto bias'ing amp or did you just plug in the same type and hope? i might go for this method too, i'm wondering how crucial it is to get my amp re-biased just to fit the exact same manufactures valves.

is it an auto bias'ing amp or did you just plug in the same type and hope? i might go for this method too' date=' i'm wondering how crucial it is to get my amp re-biased just to fit the exact same manufactures valves.[/quote']

The older valves were crappy fender branded things(sovteks?), it sounds better now and everything looks ok, just a nice healthy bit of glow when its cooking.

Someone told me if I were to buy old mullard el84's I'd maybe need to get it re-biased, but from what I understood it wasn't needed with modern replacements, especially the same make.

Maybe it's hit or miss!?

Guest lime ruined my life

i think technically you need a re-bias after every new set of power valves is installed, and especially if you're changing brand. It probably doesn't matter too much though...:s

i think technically you need a re-bias after every new set of power valves is installed' date=' and especially if you're changing brand. It probably doesn't matter too much though...:s[/quote']

Buy my amp!:D

Buy my amp!:D

Urgh, I seriously want a Fender Valve amp... but I'm a little short of cash right this minute.

What's the volume like? I hear those juniors sound much louder than they look. Also, how would you describe the sound of it compared to a Fender Twin Reverb?

Urgh' date=' I seriously want a Fender Valve amp... but I'm a little short of cash right this minute.

What's the volume like? I hear those juniors sound much louder than they look. Also, how would you describe the sound of it compared to a Fender Twin Reverb?[/quote']

It is louder than you'd think, some folks have used em live, mic'd up of course.

I've never heard an original twin in person to be able to compare, but if they are clean, clean, clean, the pro junior is the opposite of that.