aberdeen-music

Twin Peaks

Johnny Mac

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Laura@TMB

Awesome show... I wish they'd hurry up and release season 2 on dvd though..... I can't remember what happens.

Anyone else ever watched this show? Ever? At all?

Damn fine coffee.

I only caught snippets of the series when it was originally on TV. When Fire Walk With Me came out in the cinema my boyfriend, who was a fan of the series, dragged me in to see it. What a total head-fuck. One of the weirdest, but most thought-provoking films Ive ever seen. Anyway, I bought the Twin Peaks DVD last year to try and get my head around where the film was coming from am I right in thinking that Fire Walk With Me has been discontinued on DVD?

David Lynch at his best check it out.

Guest Bob Double Jack

i bought the 1st season box set about 2 months ago, brilliant brilliant tv. roll on season 2!

anyone watching GBH on More4 at the moment? it too is absolute quality

Guest Gasss

That gum you like is coming back into style.

Series 2 would have been better without most of the side plots - there are a few I like, but I won't ruin the surprise. Apparantly the network put pressure on Mark Frost to make the show more accessable to new viewers but I think it became incomprehensible. Series 2 does have the best television death ever though.

"Dude! I thought you said there'd be beer!"

:popcorn: :popcorn:

edit: My apologies to anyone offended by me misnaming Mark Frost

My girlfriend is a massive Twin Peaks fan so I just watched them for the first time, the first Season was OK but the second season started to get very good, the Owls are not what they seem etc, though i'm the only one who thinks that after the whole White Lodge/Black Lodge thing Major Briggs decided to change his name to Hammond, got a promotion and continued his deep space stuff at Stargate Command...

Anyway great show, season 2 is excellent and canm be downloaded though the quality isnt as great,

Cheers

Stuart

WOWBOBWOW... where is my garbonbozia?

Twin Peaks is amazing. Regarding the whole Season 2 thing, you can download it or do as Bluesxman has done and buy the only dvd release of it so far (the Spanish version), although I read somewhere that it was transfered from tape onto dvd so isn't amazing quality, but still good.

The reason Season 2 hasn't come out all this time is due to production company's apparently and rights, it's the same with the full version of the film. The first edit of Fire Walk With Me was 4 hours and had heaps of exciting extra scenes (which I won't mention in case I ruin story lines for anybody just getting into the series etc. Apparently Lynch wanted to release a dvd of FWWM with deleted scenes in the extras, however the rights bullshit stopped it.

I also have the complete 2 series on vhs, soooo good. I think the first season is amazing, the second pretty good (although the ending of Season 2 was so good I cried). The film for me is the best though, so dark and relentless in its exposure of inner darkness within small town America (just like the series and other Lynch works like Blue Velvet).

Jim ex-Drakes and Zombie Munch are really big fans of Twin Peaks as well.

"I want to taste through your mouth" - Bob

oh cool, a twin peaks thread

i too am a big fan of the show, i wrote my dissertation on lynch and the last episode in particular. it's all about expressionism, surrealism and lynch's awareness of his growing audience, probably.

for those unfamiliar with the programme, there's a heap of clips of it on youtube.com, like this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uEBAfm0K6xw&search=twin%20peaks

Apparantly the network put pressure on David Frost to make the show more accessable to new viewers but I think it became incomprehensible.

2005_02_04_frost_rice_600.jpg

"Condoleeza, could you tell us what the US intend to do in regards to current Israeli - Lebanese situation?"

"Only if you can explain what you were trying to do in the second series of Twin Peaks, David."

Wow i gotta say after downloading both s1 and s2 i have to say its not that great...Fair doos im 3 episodes in but wow wee its dated innit..

Ill give a proper thought review once ive sen more i just cant see it being soon...I got river cottage rturn beyond and roadtrip to watch 1st .....Oh and cook on the wildside :)

Twin peaks is burnt for another day....

Wow i gotta say after downloading both s1 and s2 i have to say its not that great...Fair doos im 3 episodes in but wow wee its dated innit..

Ill give a proper thought review once ive sen more i just cant see it being soon...I got river cottage rturn beyond and roadtrip to watch 1st .....Oh and cook on the wildside :)

Twin peaks is burnt for another day....

Hmm, I'm going to be belligerent and say I disagree entirely and it's the best tv show ever, but then I do love Twin Peaks.

It annoys me how much Lost owes to Twin Peaks, but that goes for so many other shows too it's ridiculous.

Guest Gasss
2005_02_04_frost_rice_600.jpg

"Condoleeza' date=' could you tell us what the US intend to do in regards to current Israeli - Lebanese situation?"

"Only if you can explain what you were trying to do in the second series of Twin Peaks, David."[/quote']

Yes, very clever.

Guest bluesxman
Hmm' date=' I'm going to be belligerent and say I disagree entirely and it's the best tv show ever, but then I do love Twin Peaks.

It annoys me how much Lost owes to Twin Peaks, but that goes for so many other shows too it's ridiculous.[/quote']

Al, is your avatar in tribute to the many shots of traffic lights in Twin Peaks?

Guest Gasss
Hmm' date=' I'm going to be belligerent and say I disagree entirely and it's the best tv show ever, but then I do love Twin Peaks.

It annoys me how much Lost owes to Twin Peaks, but that goes for so many other shows too it's ridiculous.[/quote']

The X-Files, Northern Exposure, Eerie Indiana... it's impossible to watch TV after Twin Peaks. I watched both series and FWWM waiting for the final series of Six Feet Under. When it came out it ended up feeling boring and insipid. I was waiting for Nate Fisher to turn up in the black lodge.