aberdeen-music

Twin Peaks

Johnny Mac

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to season 2 of Lost being finished I've started watching this again.

Awesome show... I wish they'd hurry up and release season 2 on dvd though..... I can't remember what happens.

Anyone else ever watched this show? Ever? At all?

Damn fine coffee.

I've got the entire two series as a VHS box set. Been years since I watched it.....

probably be a bit longer as I've haven't got a video recored in the flat (why bother when a hard drive recorder is a million times better?).

Its awesome, love the complete 'randomness' of some of it. I remember my mum and dad watching it near religiously when it was first broadcast and me naturally watching it when it was repeated. I'm itching for season 2 on dvd though. Wasn't a major fan of the 'films' to be honest. I think they were a wee bit rushed plot-wise and lacked the subtlty of the series.

Guest DustyDeviada

Watched the first season on telly when it was first on, 1990 if memory serves, used to like it but thought it started getting silly in Season 2.

Mind you I was only 12 or something, so I was probably a bit of a tube.

Guest bluesxman

I used to have the full VHS box set but sold it on Amazon when I got the full DVD set off E-bay. Watched the season 1 bit and am about to start watching season 2 when I get time. Unfortunately it is Spanish in origin and the subtitles for the man in another place don't work in English. :swearing: Also have Fire Walk With Me recently obtained on DVD (have VHS copy for sale if anyone wants...) but saving that for after season 2 to avoid repeated queries about what is happening from the g/f who never saw the whole lot. The review I saw of FWWM which claimed you needed no knowledge of the series to understand it was utter pish.

The soundtracks are wonderful too.....I love David Lynch movies....

Guest bluesxman
I saw that spanish DVD on eBay.

So it's not in English? Spanish with English subtitles?

Fuck that then.... I wish they's speed up the release of Season 2.

No it's in English. But normally the man from another place's lines are subtitled in English. They aren't in this case for some reason, i'm trying to remember exactly what happened with it. I'll dig out the DVD to remind myself tonight what happened, I remember it was tres annoying though.

Guest bluesxman

Hmmmm, Dune is a definite low point in my opinion, Sting in red pants, nice. But everything else he did gets my thumbs up, particularly Wild At Heart and Lost Highway. Although if anyone can adequately explain the plot of Lost Highway I'd be grateful because I still don't even understand my own interpretation.

Hmm this sounds interesting' date=' I am proceeding to download the Pilot.[/quote']

Where are you getting the pilot from dude as i wouldnt mind watching that before i continue downloading 9gigs of a tv show i know nothing about

Thanks in advance (ill even promise not to post spoilers or gossip once ive sen it) ;)

Where are you getting the pilot from dude as i wouldnt mind watching that before i continue downloading 9gigs of a tv show i know nothing about

Thanks in advance (ill even promise not to post spoilers or gossip once ive sen it) ;)

Haha.

I can't find the exact place I got it from' date=' but THIS is the same file. If it's a hit then i will be a 9gig job indeed.

Guest bluesxman
There's a plot somewhere in Lost Highway???? o_O

I am assuming that there is somewhere. But then maybe Lynch is just trying to fry my brain by making me think too much about it.. Mulholland Drive had a similar effect but only in the last half hour as opposed to pretty quickly in LH.

Guest bluesxman

Personally I think if you intend watching the series you can miss the pilot out, it's fine for a condensed viewing experience but doesn't really add anything to the plot that you won't find out in the TV series proper..