aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Diesel

Peavey Valveking

Peavey Valveking

Anyone had any experience with these?

They get glowing reports on the various review site I've been on, including Harmony Central.

I've sourced one in the UK and the 100W Head and 4x12 Cab are less than £500 the pair!

This in itself is off-putting (the Skoda principle I call it), but my understanding is that this Chinese-built kit is very well made and sounds the biz.

I have just ordered a Hughes & Kettner Trilogy half-stack, but am wondering that, given my status as a no-frills "defensive midfielder" of a guitarist, if it's really worth paying 1500 samolians for a H&K rig when I can get a decent set-up for a third of the price?

Thoughts?

DZL

Guest DustyDeviada

Don't know about this particular amp, but my experience with Peavey valve gear has always been good.

Are you really going to be able to use a 100w head that often though?

Don't know about this particular amp' date=' but my experience with Peavey valve gear has always been good.

Are you really going to be able to use a 100w head that often though?[/quote']

I'd like the opportunity to :rockon:

I think the Valveking head comes in one 100W flavour - if they did a 50W, I'd go for that instead.

Guest DustyDeviada

My amp is 50w, and it's just no use for in the house. Even at gigs the most I've had it up to is 3 or 4 or something.

50watts is insanely loud. My Mesa is a 50watter and bejesus its loud. At practise I only ever have it at 4. Very loud. 100 watts is insane.

Anything peavey, is fucking good, never diss the peavey.

again i havent read anything above.

but if you wanna go all out, get a Peavey XXL or something or other. I own a big peavey head and cab for my bass and its like, the closest youl get to Ampeg/messa without spending like 3000 RAR.

Guest lime ruined my life

that last statement is rubbish. Peavey bandits are fucking awful.

Guest Gasss

I played a gig with my new amp set to 5W last week.

I had the master volume at 2.

It was too loud.

Guest MKII
I played a gig with my new amp set to 5W last week.

I had the master volume at 2.

It was too loud.

o_O Really!? Where? Who was the sound enginear?

Guest Gasss

It was at Henry's Jazz Cellar. Since I got a speaker diffuser, having it at head level is no longer painful. It was too loud by my own judgement, the sound engineer was pretty happy!

I had a chance to have a blast with a Peavy Valve King not so long ago. Have to report, I was well impressed. I was sceptical about the price as well, but they sound fantastic :up: I even compared it to a Marshall DSL stack. I'm planning on buying the 50W head as soon as I'm not skint. :up:

Andy