Richard Hawley - 'Coles Corner'

Hot Chip - 'The Warning'

Muse - 'Black Holes & Revelations'

Zoe Rahman - 'Melting Pot'

Lou Rhodes - 'Beloved One'

Scritti Politti - 'White Bread Black Beer'

Sway - 'This Is My Demo'

Thom Yorke - 'The Eraser'

So it is good? I couldn't quite bring myself to buy York's album without someone at least saying it's good.

I must have it to complete my radiohead collection though *sigh*

Kid A was my favourite Radiohead album so this is looking promising. :)

Yeah, i thought so. It seemed to be very chilled. I'd need to give it a few more repeat listens to exactly how good it is, but at worst it is good :p

Kid A was my favourite Radiohead album so this is looking promising. :)

The wonderful world of music! I thought Kid A was the most unlistenable piece of crap i've ever heard and to this day still class it the worst album i've ever bought! I thought Optimistic was the only passable track and at a push The National Anthem had a good groove.

I was a mad Radiohead fan from Pablo Honey to OK Computer and could not beleive it when they ditched the guitars - particulary one of the most innovative guitarists ever not really playing anymore!

"If abody liked the same thing the world wid be a boring place" :up:

The wonderful world of music! I thought Kid A was the most unlistenable piece of crap i've ever heard and to this day still class it the worst album i've ever bought! I thought Optimistic was the only passable track and at a push The National Anthem had a good groove.

I was a mad Radiohead fan from Pablo Honey to OK Computer and could not beleive it when they ditched the guitars - particulary one of the most innovative guitarists ever not really playing anymore!

"If abody liked the same thing the world wid be a boring place" :up:

I'm not a big Radiohead fan but Idioteque at least is immense from Kid A. I find it way moer listenable than the turgid Bends. Anyway back to the list I hope Guillemots or Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan win. But i reckon it could well be the Arctic Monkeys or Muse or Editors, i mean Franz Ferdinand did win a couple of years ago.

Arctic Monkeys - 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not'

Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - 'Ballad Of The Broken Seas'

Editors - 'In The Back Room'

Guillemots - 'Through The Windowpane'

Richard Hawley - 'Coles Corner'

Hot Chip - 'The Warning'

Muse - 'Black Holes & Revelations'

Zoe Rahman - 'Melting Pot'

Lou Rhodes - 'Beloved One'

Scritti Politti - 'White Bread Black Beer'

Sway - 'This Is My Demo'

Thom Yorke - 'The Eraser'

shower of shite, music for people who don't like music, etc etc.

shower of shite' date=' music for people who don't like music, etc etc.[/quote']

one assumes you have listened to each of those albums in depth to come to that conclusion or are you assuming they are shit to be controversial ???

shower of shite' date=' music for people who don't like music, etc etc.[/quote']

Basically what's happened there is, you've read the names "Arctic Monkeys" and "Editors" and thought "Hmm...I've seen them on TV, they're big in NME....therefore, this list is shit music for people who don't really listen to anything unless it's in the charts".

You've actually missed the fact that although there isn't any extreme metal or avant-garde jazz on the list, it is relatively mixed.

Basically what's happened there is' date=' you've read the names "Arctic Monkeys" and "Editors" and thought "Hmm...I've seen them on TV, they're big in NME....therefore, this list is shit music for people who don't really listen to anything unless it's in the charts".

You've actually missed the fact that although there isn't any extreme metal or avant-garde jazz on the list, it is relatively mixed.[/quote']

It's not about the music, these things are awards for prowess in the field of marketing.

It's not about the music' date=' these things are awards for prowess in the field of marketing.[/quote']

I've always thought the Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan record is music for people who don't like music... :rolleyes:

But I do agree with you about the marketing thing, rarely do the Mercury panel ever pick the album that I (or the general public it seems) rate as the best British album of the best 6 months.

Guest bluesxman

I know i'm in my own wee bubble most of the time anyway, but ~ Zoe Rahman - 'Melting Pot' & Lou Rhodes - 'Beloved One' ~ who they? Can't be that well marketed.

Thom Yorke's album is good on my first listen. Similar vein to Kid A and Amnesiac but better IMHO. More listenable.

I'm finding Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan a strange but welcome inclusion. Editors are OK but have released and re-released way too many songs off that album.

I know i'm in my own wee bubble most of the time anyway' date=' but ~ Zoe Rahman - 'Melting Pot' & Lou Rhodes - 'Beloved One' ~ who they? Can't be that well marketed.

Thom Yorke's album is good on my first listen. Similar vein to Kid A and Amnesiac but better IMHO. More listenable.

I'm finding Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan a strange but welcome inclusion. Editors are OK but have released and re-released way too many songs off that album.[/quote']

Lou(ise) Rhodes is the vocalist from Lamb - I believe the album is a bit "folktronica" (bad genre name...).

Got the Thom Yorke CD but not had time to listen to it. I'd quite like Isobel & Mark to win.