aberdeen-music

DIRTY HEARTS CLUB :: SHORT NOTICE and MR MISSOURI :: 10pm THIS THURSDAY 20th

hey guys

two local treats for your ears this week

JULY

20th

Short Notice / Mr Missouri

Short Notice

We have been around for almost a year now and have played a good number of local shows & have mainly been getting a great bunch of tunes together. Musically we have been described as a mix between The Damned, The Stray Cats & AC/DC - no complaints from us! Theyve just completed their first studio recording which is now on Myspace & our webpage. This will be officially released soon!

Short Notice take influence from Rock, Punk, Metal, Rockabilly and various types of 50's music.

www.myspace.com/shortnoticerock

Mr Missouri

Mr. Missouri are a new band from Aberdeen, Scotland. Mr. Missouri were brought together through the mutual appreciation of good music and the love of all things intoxicating. Garth (vocals) had been writing songs and Sean (lead guitar) creating bone crunching riffs together for a while before discovering Nick (drums), Andy (rhythm guitar) and Kyle(bass) who all share the same passion for music and musical influences. The Mr Missouri line up changed during the summer so took some time out to polish their work and also create some new songs. They then hit the rehearsal rooms and the scene was set. Although only playing a hand full of gigs so far Mr. Missouri have had very positive feedback and are hoping to build on their experiences throughout the year.

www.myspace.com/mrmissouri

PLUS

DHC DJs Nick and Steven till 2am

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 awesome bands, INDIE ROCKIN ELECTRO DISCO AFTER all for 3 entry

see you thursdays

FUTURE HIGHLIGHTS include the following bands very soon in your local favourite place to go on thursdays!:

YELLOW BENTINES

ATTACK AND DEFEND

V FOR VICTORY

PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS,

RUMBLESTRIPS,

NEIL McSWEENEY AND THE GENTS

LUXURY CAR,

DOWN THE TINY STEPS !

THE ROMANCE

PLUS ALL THE ACE LOCAL ACTS YOU CAN THINK OF

P>S _ check out all snafus events at www.clubsnafu.com

Mr Missouri were honestly the worst band I've heard in years. Absolutely fucking awful. The worst bit above all else was the woefully out of tune singing. I don't know who's given them positive feedback up until now but they were probably trying not to hurt their feelings or something. It was hideous.

To give them some credit the music was played quite competently, at least in comparison with the singing. The drummer appeared to stop using his feet every time he played a fill and the music itself was yawn inducingly dull (kind of indie with a blatantly obvious arctic monkey's rip off and another one that souded like a detestable version of the white stripes), but at least the guitars were in tune and roughly in time. It's a start I suppose.

Mr Missouri were honestly the worst band I've heard in years. Absolutely fucking awful. The worst bit above all else was the woefully out of tune singing. I don't know who's given them positive feedback up until now but they were probably trying not to hurt their feelings or something. It was hideous.

To give them some credit the music was played quite competently' date=' at least in comparison with the singing. The drummer appeared to stop using his feet every time he played a fill and the music itself was yawn inducingly dull (kind of indie with a blatantly obvious arctic monkey's rip off and another one that souded like a detestable version of the white stripes), but at least the guitars were in tune and roughly in time. It's a start I suppose.[/quote']

I have to agree with you there. Mr Missouri were god awfull. The lead singer needs to be more realistic in the notes he was trying to reach. He couldn't keep up with the bands lead, and in the end was the downfall of a nae bad performance from the youngsters.

Supposidly an indie band , I heard a lot of Franz, monkeys, and razorlight in their music which was a put-off. In the end, the lead singer didn't do it for me and let the rest of them down. But they are young, and have the advantage of time on their side. I hope they use it wisely, and learn how to gel together and sing better.

Hey there, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our show and we will take your criticism on board and try and make improvements for future gigs. For me personally it was just a bad night, first of all the monitors fucked up and then my mic kept on cutting out which was very off putting but I just had to work through it and may explain why I was out of tune alot of the time. I hope your comments don't put people off coming to future shows as it was just a particularly bad night, for me especially and our bass player whos string broke during the 2nd last song. I know we can do much better.

That was only our 5th gig so your right, there is time for us but I think our music is not really your cup of tea in reading the razorlight, white stripes and artic monkeys comments, i know which song you are referring to as the rip off but we actually wrote that song before we'd heard of the arctic monkeys... Hmmm, people trying not to hurt our feelings yet they still turn up to our gigs... Anyway guys, thanks for the criticism, the points you raise will probably help us out. Me especially since most of it was aimed at me.

Cheers

Hmmm' date=' people trying not to hurt our feelings yet they still turn up to our gigs... [/quote']

They're called friends.

Fair play for taking the criticism on the chin though. Good luck and I hope to catch you guys again sometime as a better band.

Fair enough, our friends do attend our gigs but alot of people out with our friend circle have gave us good feedback. Anyway, I do appreciate the criticism and we have spoke together as a band about what we can do to make our band sound better due to your comments... especially vocal wise. So... yes please look out for our future gigs... I think you will appreciate our music a bit better even if it's not the kind of music your into.

cheers