aberdeen-music

New Megadeth Album News

Mouse

" MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine and drummer Shawn Drover recently spoke to Jon Wiederhorn of MTV.com about the progress of the recording sessions for the band's new album, "United Abominations", which is scheduled for a Halloween release.

"We rented [LED ZEPPELIN drummer] John Bonham's drum kit and recorded at a studio in [PINK FLOYD guitarist] David Gilmour's house [in England], which was great," Mustaine said.

"The kit is the only one that's available in the world to rent," Drover added. "Dave surprised me with that, which was pretty incredible because I didn't even know it was possible to get Bonham's kit to rent for anybody. So I incorporated the bass drum and his floor tom and a snare on the kit that I use in the studio, and that was really inspiring. We played in the middle of nowhere and it was just a really cool vibe."

Regarding the musical direction of "United Abominations", Mustaine said, "If I was to say what time this record would have came out, I would have said some time before [1990's] 'Rust in Peace' or sometime after [1992's] 'Countdown to Extinction'. The critics called 'The System Has Failed' a return to form, but this is even more so. The record company that I'm with now gets it and I'm with management who gets it. So I don't have to write songs because the wives of certain bandmembers are griping or their mortgage is not getting paid or management is telling me that I've got to get a record done to do the tour and I've got to do the tour because if not, I'm not going to be able to pay my bills."

"United Abominations" will contain 11 songs, including the title track, "Washington's Next" and "Gears of War"; an additional track will be included with the Japanese release. "It's a really diverse record," Shawn said. "There's some faster stuff that should appeal to the band's thrash fans and it's got a little more mainstream stuff as well. It's definitely not one-dimensional." "

• 8 months later...
I like Sleep Walker. It does sound a little recycled, but I still like it. I much prefer Gears Of War though, I think that's a fantastic track

Yeah man, Gears of war is way better. Sorry for rant, its just that Sleep Walker hasn't got that kick in face that listening to Countdown for the first time has.:up:

Yeah man, Gears of war is way better. Sorry for rant, its just that Sleep Walker hasn't got that kick in face that listening to Countdown for the first time has.:up:

I was listening to that earlier today. Only found out about Abominations yesterday! So all the albums have been on today! P.S. I saw Element's set at Kef the other week, it's not really my thing, but fuck can you and the boy James fuckin' play! That was some nice fret work man :up:

I was listening to that earlier today. Only found out about Abominations yesterday! So all the albums have been on today! P.S. I saw Element's set at Kef the other week, it's not really my thing, but fuck can you and the boy James fuckin' play! That was some nice fret work man :up:

Cheers very much dude! :)

I'm not so keen on the new rendition of A Tout Le Monde nor am I big on Sleep Walker but, despite it being absolutely average, I can't help but listen to Gears Of War a reasonable amount of times! o_O