aberdeen-music

project:venhell in the sunday herald today

HeinzHines

Melookingsuperbinthepaper.jpg

Review:

Project:Venhell are drawing a different kind of line in the sand. "IT' JUST NOISE!!!" exclaims the wobbly belly of their singer, crudely scrawled in marker pen. And NOISE it is. Sometimes NOISE is all we want. Project:Venhell deal not so much in songs as in short, sharp shocks: 186,000 tiny explosions per second, so fast you cannot see where they begin and end. They look nothing like what you might expect from their hardcore racket; cherubic faces smiling despite the chaos, cleary enjoying themselves - crucially derailing any notion of the earnestness that can often cloud this genre. In short, they are having fun. It's infectious.

Haha' date=' what a bunch of bollocks. It's like they wrote the review from looking at the photograph.[/quote']

Yes, i saw this yesterday. If they wrote the review from looking at the picture then they wouldn't have said they looked like they were having fun. He looks petrified!

The skinny reviewed aswell: Found here: http://www.skinnymag.co.uk/content/view/2014/

As the soulful euphoria of the Twilights fades, the frantic blellum of young Aberdonian quartet Project: Venhell jolts to life on the T Break stage. Putting in a blistering half hour of orchestrated chaos which sounds something like Oxes being ushered through Fugazi's school of post-hardcore delirium at double speed, this is an all too brief smattering of the underground diversity that Scotlands more popular cultural outlets snobbishly refuse to shout about. "My face isn't Sally's!" frontman Hines screeches - you what? The Skinny digs it with an industrial quarry scooping shovel nevertheless.

Haha' date=' what a bunch of bollocks. It's like they wrote the review from looking at the photograph.[/quote']

The reviewer was most definitely there as he's a good friend of mine and I spent a lot of the weekend with him at the T-Break stage.

Unless he was a dastard apparition forever confusing the cynical t in the park regular with a twisted tongue full of acute alliteration, and sharp imagery minus Larkin-esque similes, then I think it's a pretty hot review.