aberdeen-music

August 6th: Mike Park (Skankin Pickle, Chinkees), Upstarts, 5FD, 15 Minutes etc

GFN? presents...

Mike Park(Asian Man Records/ Hopeless Records) Punk singer songwriter. Mike Park is a legend, regarded as the nicest man in music today, he made a name for himself in the early 90s with Skankin' Pickle, The B.Lee Band (with Less than Jake) and The Chinkees. He also runs Asian Man Records which has released records for bands such as Alkaline Trio, Lawerence Arms, Less than Jake, Slapstick etc www.myspace.com/mikepark

The Upstarts: One of Radio 1s finalists to open the Lock Up, The Upstarts are proving they are Aberdeens finest punk act, this date comes midway through their trek around Ireland, Shetlands, England, Wales and Scotland. Dirty street ska. For fans of Against All Authority, Mu330, Leftover Crack, Fillaments, Less than Jake etc www.myspace.com/theeupstarts

15 Minutes: Acoustic duo from Dundee, ex-Tearjerk. Folky punk in the vein of early Against Me!

Five Finger Discount Fast melodic 90s influenced pop punkers from Aberdeen www.myspace.com/fivefingerdiscountuk

Tragical History Tour Acoustic "cowpunk" from Deeker of The Try Hards www.myspace.com/tragicalhistorytourmusic

Spaceman Lance Big band poppy ska punk from Dundee www.myspace.com/spacemanlance

@ The Tunnels, August 6th 2006

7pm - late

£5 door tax

over 14s welcome

I'm not even going to be here. Haha I bet everyone wants Mike Park to stay with em. I reckon he'll be stayin with Steve or Dave or though...

I hope everyone comes out for this and gives Mike a great reception...

Thanks a lot for doing the poster Scott, I meant to ask you as well...

Guest scott cs.

Steve asked me the other day, but i had planned to do one anyways.

If this gig is poorly attended, I've lost all faith in Aberdeen as a 'scene'.