aberdeen-music

T In The Park 2006

Alkaline

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guillemots: worst band of the weekend' date=' wish i went to see wolfmother instead.[/quote']

Good lord, one of only three decent bands you saw! I say! :down:

Well here's how my weekend went...

Saturday

Guillemots - were rousing, fun and intense, a fantastically energetic start to the weekend.

Cut Copy - Just caugh the end of them were, seemed decent but i couldn't form an accurate opinion from what i saw.

Hope of the States - pretty solid, good choice of songs, typically ramshackle.

Placebo - Caught first half, was alright, too many new songs though.

Divine Comedy - thankfully started late so i saw their whole set. They were excellent, Hannon was on fine form, and nice covers of Nelly Furtado and the Associates.

White Rose Movement - Wholly unoriginal but fantastic live, Alsatian was particularly vitriolic.

Franz Ferdinand - Caught about first 3rd of their set, seemed okay, but i couldn't be bothered standing in the rain.

Forward Russia - ace, don't like them much, but they were hyper and entertaining, reminded me of At the Drive-In

Vitalic - slamming, so to speak, never danced so much in my life before, despite being totally sober.

Sigur Ros - Saw up to Hoppymejigger (that's right just there to hear the hits!), which was undeniabley joyous sounding. Otherwise were alright.

RHCP - Saw Give It Away and Under the Bridge, too much pointless noodling.

Sunday

Spinto Band - Good clean fun.

My Latest Novel - Not exactly a good festival band, but were a highlight nontheless, the singing/bawling in harmony particularly worthy of seeing live.

Regina Spektor - Not bad, superficially much like a drummerless Dresden Dolls.

Animal Collective - Disappointing, too consistently loud with inaudible vocals to maintain my interest, but had a few good moments in spite of this. Really rather wish i had gone to see Jenny Lewis instead.

Jose Gonazalez - Caught his last two songs. Cover of Teardrop was pointlessly similar.

The Futureheads - caught about last 3rd of their set, and was fun, they have a great rapport with the crowd without it getting cloying.

Eels - Possibly the highlight, music was alright, but the shenanigans with the "security" guy were hilarious.

Strokes - Solid enough, played all the right songs.

The Go! Team - Only caught Ladyflash but it was immense.

Boy Kill Boy - Only watched them cos the tent was full for the Primals. Fucking awful, the dullest band in the world. First time i've felt compelled to heckle a band.

I made sure not to look at the main stage at all, even from a great distance, whilst the Who were on so i could gladly say i'd never seen the geriatic bastards live.

Only non-music related incident of note was a member of PVH threatening to pee on my tent, dunno whether it was in jest or not, but lucky he didn't cos i would have ended him!!:nono:

Was an ace weekend!

Highlights were definitely, Sigur Ros, Death Cab, Jenny Lewis, Eels, Seth Lakeman and Ben Harper.

We Are Scientists were great also and Maximo Park were a pleasant surprise live, not too keen on them but they were ace.

Sigur Ros were absolutely amazing, definitely band of the weekend, closely followed by Jenny Lewis and Death Cab. Was a bit gutted at Zero 7 having to cancel but it meant a bit extra Death Cab so that's fine!

Good lord' date=' one of only three decent bands you saw! I say! :down:

Well here's how my weekend went...

[u']Saturday

Guillemots - were rousing, fun and intense, a fantastically energetic start to the weekend.

Cut Copy - Just caugh the end of them were, seemed decent but i couldn't form an accurate opinion from what i saw.

Hope of the States - pretty solid, good choice of songs, typically ramshackle.

Placebo - Caught first half, was alright, too many new songs though.

Divine Comedy - thankfully started late so i saw their whole set. They were excellent, Hannon was on fine form, and nice covers of Nelly Furtado and the Associates.

White Rose Movement - Wholly unoriginal but fantastic live, Alsatian was particularly vitriolic.

Franz Ferdinand - Caught about first 3rd of their set, seemed okay, but i couldn't be bothered standing in the rain.

Forward Russia - ace, don't like them much, but they were hyper and entertaining, reminded me of At the Drive-In

Vitalic - slamming, so to speak, never danced so much in my life before, despite being totally sober.

Sigur Ros - Saw up to Hoppymejigger (that's right just there to hear the hits!), which was undeniabley joyous sounding. Otherwise were alright.

RHCP - Saw Give It Away and Under the Bridge, too much pointless noodling.

Sunday

Spinto Band - Good clean fun.

My Latest Novel - Not exactly a good festival band, but were a highlight nontheless, the singing/bawling in harmony particularly worthy of seeing live.

Regina Spektor - Not bad, superficially much like a drummerless Dresden Dolls.

Animal Collective - Disappointing, too consistently loud with inaudible vocals to maintain my interest, but had a few good moments in spite of this. Really rather wish i had gone to see Jenny Lewis instead.

Jose Gonazalez - Caught his last two songs. Cover of Teardrop was pointlessly similar.

The Futureheads - caught about last 3rd of their set, and was fun, they have a great rapport with the crowd without it getting cloying.

Eels - Possibly the highlight, music was alright, but the shenanigans with the "security" guy were hilarious.

Strokes - Solid enough, played all the right songs.

The Go! Team - Only caught Ladyflash but it was immense.

Boy Kill Boy - Only watched them cos the tent was full for the Primals. Fucking awful, the dullest band in the world. First time i've felt compelled to heckle a band.

I made sure not to look at the main stage at all, even from a great distance, whilst the Who were on so i could gladly say i'd never seen the geriatic bastards live.

Only non-music related incident of note was a member of PVH threatening to pee on my tent, dunno whether it was in jest or not, but lucky he didn't cos i would have ended him!!:nono:

why do people go to see franz ferdinand, they are truely awful, as for the who, they were really good, dont care what people say

Well we have crossed wires......what night? Im thinking of saturday night' date=' when it was raining....you were camped in that general area?[/quote']

It was saturday night, not sure what you mean by that general area but we were camp quite a distance away from all those girls. I never saw Judy there anyway, and it's hardly to believe that if she was just out of site that i wouldn't have heard her either, she's like a foghorn.

It was saturday night' date=' not sure what you mean by that general area but we were camp quite a distance away from all those girls. I never saw Judy there anyway, and it's hardly to believe that if she was just out of site that i wouldn't have heard her either, she's like a foghorn.[/quote']

Must have been someone else who shouted the first time....

Who knows.....it was probably me.