aberdeen-music

T In The Park 2006

Alkaline

Well, I saw PVH, Uncle John & Whitelock, Sigur Ros and Animal Collective (the latter I can't remember too well), but all were ace. Nothing else really bothered me. Sunday was immense though, got fucked up and ate curry. Six hours of good times had when the ability to balance, talk properly, constuct sentences even and basically be a human being escaped me, as I rolled about on the ground saying "I'm fucked up" and "Call the police".

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad weekend - not the best TITP by a long shot (not the best of bills and the crap weather to thank for that). Still, I've went and bought my ticket for 2007 already.

Managed to see.... project vehell, a bit of The Orb and a bit of Placebo, Damien "junior gong" marley, sigur ros, animal collective, jose gonzalez, eels, the strokes, the who.

also watched / heard a million other bands while standing have a drink / food before deciding they were crap and wandering off.

not the best, as i said but i still enjoyed myself.

I echo the above.... not the best TITP by a long shot but I managed to see:

Placebo, Damien "junior gong" marley, sigur ros, Ben Harper, The Levellers, Fightstar, The Proclaimers, Men, Women and Children, Kasabian, Feeder, the Kooks and a few other random songs here and there.

I am also still hungover.... badly.....

i think adams killing of the drum kit is funny... he always beats the shit out of the thing.

You should go see Some Young Pedro' date=' their drummer absolutely kills it.

how do you actually get to play in something like that?! i didn't think titp catered for smaller bands. Maybe i'm just being a dumbass ?(

They run a competition called 'T-break' where you send your demo off and the best demos (24 or 36 or something) then go play either King Tuts or the Liquid Rooms. The top 12 bands from these gigs are then chosen to play on the T-break stage. Im sure it works like that. Got to be over 18 though.

I managed to see:

SATURDAY:

Jeff Mills

:(

Maximo Park

PLacebo

The Zutons

Pharell (LOL)

Damian Marley

The Ordinary Boys

RHCP

SUNDAY

Mr Scruff

Magic Numbers (not out of own choosing)

The Proclaimers (LOL)

Hard Fi

fucking Dirty Pretty Things

Arctic Monkeys

The Strokes

The Who

Had good banter in the Slam tent, Celidh tent and silent disco.

Very pissed off at the times on the Sunday; everyone I wanted to see clashed. Once I was infront of the main stage I couldn't be bothered moving.

But its ok because I bought a wedding dress for six pounds.

I went to oxegen, pretty much the Irish t-in the park:

I saw:

Saturday:

The Spinto Band - absolutely fucking amazing, if you haven't heard anything by these lads yet, get on to it, incredible, will be huge

Jon Carter - standard house

Delays - hohum

Hard-Fi - their set was fucked up by wind problems and problems with their kit - plus lead singer got caught miming the melodica at start of 'Cash Machine' - it was a backing tape that played in reverse by mistake - he went mental!

Arctic Monkeys - quality, lead singer wasnt a complete bellend either

The Strokes - always awesome

The Go! Team - not bad

Felix Da Housecat - banging

Sunday:

Wolfmother - ROCKED the motherfucker

Maximo Park - brilliant, third time I've seen them and they just get better and better

Vitalic - Electro, pretty good

The Kooks - pretty boring tbh, too many c**ts there to hear 'Naive' too

iForward Russia! - awesome, although set was cut short by 20 mins coz the drummer collapsed i!

Bedouin Soundclash - nice bit of pop reggae

Chili's - Pretty good, but Kieldis doesnt seem to give a fuck anymore, and didn't play enough old stuff for my liking.

Awesome festival, roll on 2007!

Mike

Hard-Fi - their set was fucked up by wind problems and problems with their kit - plus lead singer got caught miming the melodica at start of 'Cash Machine' - it was a backing tape that played in reverse by mistake - he went mental!

Haha!! Serves them right!! Too much Tops of the pops methinks...

I went to see (from what i can remember) The Guillemots, Cut Copy, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Men Women and Children, Jenny Lewis, Milburn, the Automatic, the View (not my choice)...

There were more but I can't remember.

I drank way too much and met lots and lots of cool people and danced the night away.

i can;t even remeber half the bands i went to see highlights were sigur ros and poject ven hell tho. dissapointed with eels although my beloved monster was good.

and corinne bailey rae was decent too although i got a good slagging for that one.

also campsite banter was on top form this year, anyone see the david hasselhoff shrine??

in that crew were the guys doing the tricks with fire too and a random setting his arm on fire lol. proceeded by 'oh thats a lot harder than it looks'

talking to neds from a scheme in glasgow getting the lo down on how much you can sell E for at 4 in the morning.

mate getting kicked off campsite for climbing a fire point sign on the sunday night was pretty harsh then the pigs came along and started bantering with us, taking photos and chilling in a gazebo while some 'break dancing' was going on.

met the guy off north tonight and got a pint off him oh yeh!!!!

all in all was a really decent year, theres been better line ups but the campsite was

pure mintal ken?!

after the 45 minute delay and initial sound problems, eels were top notch. regina spektor, guillemots and death cab were amazing too. sigur ros were definitely my highlight even though some cunt landed a warm "pint" on me and the surrounding punters while we were in the crowd, waiting. unnecessary.

...i saw people pissing here, there and everywhere this year - it was disgusting. maybe i just remember more of this year's festival but i even noticed someone taking a dump on the grass in the arena! i managed to find clean portaloos without difficulty, except on monday morning on the the campsite - why other people struggled so much is beyond me.

i went on the sunday mainly to see the who because am a huge who fan i though thy were brilliant i also saw the strokes, arctic monkeys, Procaimers, We Are Scientists and a heap of random bands. Them Cunts tht jst buy tix to sell on ebay should b shot honestly on the link above theres two tickets goin for 8 grand and its had 33 bidders thts mental! ruins it for the actuall festival goers!!!! But this year was brilliant nae sure if it was as good as last year but still amazing!!!

T was ace as usual, right up till i got throw out of the campsite for climbing up a fire point post.

blagged my way back in so it was all good!

and who the hell was that girl camping near us that knew who i was on here and wouldn't tell me who she was???

iThem Cunts tht jst buy tix to sell on ebay should b shot honestly on the link above theres two tickets goin for 8 grand and its had 33 bidders thts mental! ruins it for the actuall festival goers!!!!

did you notice that one of the biddres is a new used called "fucking tout scum" or something,

good on them for fucking up the auction!

buying a ticket then selling it the next day, what a load of cocknobs!

i had an absolutely amazing weekend, almost every band i seen were great, heres my run down.

Sat

The Rifles: fucking ace band, really like them, theyve got really good singles and they warmed up the crowd really well for being the first band on king tuts.

Guillemots: worst band of the weekend, wish i went to see wolfmother instead.

The Cribs: I love the cribs, basically the same set as they normally do but was really good as always.

Maximo Park: Great dancing by paul smith and the keyboard player, good laugh.

THE VIEW: Best atmosphere of the weekend, crazy dedicated fans, there gonna be massive. Tracks available at 2thumbs.com/forum

Ordinary Boys: not exactly overwhelming

Charlatans: same as above

Weller: caught his last two songs, town called malice was really good

Sunday: didnt get into the arena til about 3 as we went swimming

Delays: great festival band

Maccabees: Very tight, i like this band alot

We are scientists: Tight and humorous as usual, 3rd time ive seen them this year (will be 4 by october)

Dirty Pretty Things: Amazing, 3rd time seeing them this year, love them so much, great set (although i wanted to hear france), caught gary's drumstick, adds to my collection of libertines/dpt memorabilia

Arctic Monkeys: About 8 miles away from the stage but they sounded good, good setlist

Strokes: quality, good choice of songs, knew every word to every song.

Fratellis: insane, lost my shoes

The Who: wow, they looked like they were really enjoying themselves.

Best new band: the view

Best set: Dirty Pretty Things

Best headliner: The Who

Maddest gig: fratellis/the view