aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'm absolutely delighted. Been listening to the locals (in Seville) going crazy all week, 24 hour car horns after they won the UEFA cup, so was nice to be able to finally join the party! And to qualify by beating the Huns? Awesome.

I have to say, I think Hearts got exactly what they 'deserved' this season. Their carping and gloating last year was intolerable, considering the nonsense their crook of an owner has been inflicting on Scottish football. I'll admit to feeling slightly sorry for George Burley, and for Pressley, Hartley and Gordon when all that business was going on, but the rest of them can all climb into 'mad' Vlad's nuclear submarine and get to fuck. Or Lithuania.

Now I just hope the Dons get drawn against some Spanish opposition so I can go and check them out somewhere a little warmer than Pittodrie.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but when it does come to getting humped I'd rather it was by some quality opposition, not Shamrock Rovers or Red Star Grozny or some shit like that.

Which is what will definitely happen. I'd love them to get to the group stages and be drawn in the same group as Bayern Munich, and have to play them at Pittodrie so i could finally get to see them. But we all know it's a loss by a one goal margin to some random team from Estonia like Flora Tannin on the cards.

Fucking yaaaaaassssss! 2nd half was pish but by the 70th minute I didn't care, Rangers didn't look like scoring twice and the atmosphere was the best it's been all season. Quality singing in the Broadhill before hand and there was even a good round of Stand Free in Ma's afterwards (and on Belmont Street after that).

The 2 goals were pure quality and with European football and McNamara set up for next season I'm feeling more positive at the end of a season than I have for years.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 0-3 Satan's Bastards

For fuck's sake! That's twice the raging, six-fingered, web-toed hoorbags have whacked us 3-0 at home this season. It's all very well experimenting, but not against the most disgusting team in world football. Doesn't exactly give SK a selection headache for the Cup Final......

I'm on the wrong side of boozy but all I'll say is if the Aberdeen team played with that same commitment and willingness to go the extra mile week in week out we could be up there with Celtic challenging for the title. We were awesome today and I am proud of the way we played. It makes it worse that we can't play at that level every week, but having said that it makes such a difference having the ground packed out - the players responded to that so well.

Europe. It's all good!

And i'm glad Mr Romanov has kept his promise of getting Hearts to the top of the table!! Not even the UEFA!

A great end to the season, but where could we be if we played this well week in, week out?

Guest DustyDeviada

NOt to bring you down even further, but I hope you get humped in the final - apparently the Dons will only have one qualifying round if you lose.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
NOt to bring you down even further, but I hope you get humped in the final - apparently the Dons will only have one qualifying round if you lose.

Does this mean that if we cuff the tattie-munchers we'll only have to play one qualifying round?

Good things about today:

2-0 against the huns (2 great goals)

Imperial March being played when Rangers emerged from the tunnel after half time

Europe

3rd place

Northern Lights getting played before the start of the game (should do this more often)

The singing in the Broadhill Bar before the game (everyone should join in more often)

The singing in Ma's/Belmont Street/Everywhere after the game

Beer.

I would happily see the back of Langfield - he's far too inconsistent.

To say Langfield is inconsistent is like saying Boruc is inconsistent. Both have 13 clean sheets in the league this season. Sounds pretty consistent to me. Fair enough, he's made a few judgemental errors, but the fact that only Gordon & McGregor have more clean sheets speaks for itself.

Apparently so. My source on this however is my father in law, and he could have got it wrong.

From what I read, if Dunfermline win the scottish cup, they go straight into the first round proper, which means they only have to play one tie to get to the group stages. If Celtic win however, Aberdeen will enter at the first round & Dunfermline will have to play in the qualifying rounds.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:

Partick Thistle have appointed Ian McCall as their new manager.

McCall' date=' 41, left First Division rivals Queen of the South at the end of the season after leading the Dumfries outfit clear of relegation trouble.

Thistle chairman Allan Cowan told his club website: "We were impressed by the high calibre of applicants for the job.

"Having gone through that procedure, we feel that Ian McCall is the right man for the job and we look forward to working with him."

Caretaker Jimmy Bone will leave Firhill, with McCall due to announce his assistant within the next few days.

Bone had been assistant to Dick Campbell, who was sacked in March after the Glasgow club failed to challenge for promotion as season after coming up from Division Two.

Former Celtic, Dunfermline, Livingston, Motherwell and St Mirren Davie Hay had been interviewed for the vacancy.

Queen's Park head coach Billy Stark, Terry Butcher, who had come in to assist Bone, and St Johnstone assistant Sandy Stewart had also all been linked with the job.

But Stark signed a new contract after winning promotion to Division Two, Butcher took over at Brentford and Stewart decided to remain at McDiarmid Park.

Speculation has also linked former Rangers and Scotland defender Richard Gough, who had a spell as Livingston manager, with the post.

But Thistle have instead turned to early favourite McCall, who had previously managed Clydebank, Morton, Airdrie, Falkirk and Dundee United.

Cowan said his club "took a conscious decision at the outset to take our time and select the person who most closely fitted our criteria".

Thistle earlier this month said they were delaying their decision on a new manager until their financial future was more clear.

The Maryhill outfit have been talking to potential investors.[/quote']

:swearing: :swearing: :swearing:

• 4 weeks later...
I've let my AFC season ticket lapse, I just can't justify spending all that money on what is going to be our worst season in years. There's been no attempt to increase the depth of the squad, and any injuries will result in 17 year-olds plugging the gaps. I'll be amazed if we make the top 6.

*cue Mackie scoring 40 goals this season and moving to Barcelona*

haha

well i ended up getting a half season ticket after realising that i had spent around 100 by december on trying to pick and choose games, cos i just cant sit at home when the dons are playing, far too hard.

La Liga finishing brings any football to an end. a summer-less football, although i could tune in to Copa America or whatever its called if im desperate. i hate summers without a Euro or World Cup :(

got my season ticket nice and early for the coming season, bring it on.