aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stole this from the Pie and Bovril Board, but its quite interesting to see what you think...

Base your results on this season only

Best team you've played against - Sheffield United pre-season

Worst team you've played against - Motherwell a couple of weeks ago

Best performance by your team - Against Rangers in the 2-1 last minute win on 27/12/06

Worst performance by your team - Every time we play Dunfermline

Your team in general - Happy enough, could've done with a cup semi to go to though

Team in a false position - Dons, one games they had no right to. Jammy sods.

Best player for your team - Richard Hastings

Best player for another team - Naismith for Killie

Best goal scored by your team - John Rankin v. Rangers in the last minute, or any of the goals when we beat Hibs 3-0

Best goal scored by another team - Naismith overhead v. us

being exiled and only seeing 5 games meself i'll answer them as best i can....

Best team you've played against - York City

Worst team you've played against - of all the teams i saw rushden were awful but still beat us 1-0

Best performance by your team - Weymouth won 7-0

Worst performance by your team - losing 5-0 to histon in the FA Trophy - beyond embarrasing. in the league the 5-0 thrashing by altringham was pretty pathetic

Your team in general - a wretched season, flirted with relegation, no progression in any cups, though things picked up in the latter half of the season.

Team in a false position - Dagenham & Redbridge - fair play to them they won the league by a mile when they were only expected to finish mid table but they were deffo punching above their weight.

Best player for your team - super goal machine Robbie Simpson

Best player for another team - not seen enough games to answer

Best goal scored by your team - of the games i saw rob wollestons effort against dagenham was truly sublime - he skinned two defenders before cooly slotting the ball low under the keeper into the right corner of the goal.

Best goal scored by another team - of the games i saw torpey's winner for halifax was out the top drawer.

Best team you've played against - AEK Athens - we may well have made them look better than they are though.

Worst team you've played against - Motherwell - I swear the televised game a couple of months back was one of the most miserable matches I've ever watched.

Best performance by your team - 2-1 vs Celtic at the start of the season - should have won comfortably, but didn't let the heads go down when they got the (inevitable) equaliser. Season was looking good at that point.

Worst performance by your team - So many. Sparta Prague at Murrayfield probably shades it though, just because it was such an important match and we didn't turn up.

Your team in general - Fucking dreadful.

Team in a false position - Hearts or Aberdeen. Although the teams below aren't any better, so maybe not.

Best player for your team - Tricky one. Barassa? Just kidding. Most improved is definitely Christophe Berra. Could well turn into a very important player for us and has managed to get a game most weeks, which is impressive considering. Craig Gordon obviously, but has been affected by all the shite that's gone on.

Best player for another team - Naismith

Best goal scored by your team - Mikoliunas vs Celtic (2-1 defeat) or Mikoliunas vs Hibs (3-2 win)

Best goal scored by another team - Any scored by Rangers or Celtic against Aberdeen in the next couple of games (assuming we win tomorrow and it still matters).

Best team you've played against - St Johnstone.

Worst team you've played against - Deveronvale. We weren't much better, though.

Best performance by your team - Hammering Airdrie 4-1 at home early season, should have been 7 or 8.....

Worst performance by your team - Losing 0-1 to Airdrie, or the 0-6 murdering by Grtna. Plenty to choose from......

Your team in general - Prematurely ejaculated to the top of the league, crashed to near the bottom, then ended up safe. As inconsistent as usual.

Team in a false position - West Lothian Bastard Franchise, because they should hold no position in Scottish football at all.

Best player for your team - Mark Roberts. We'd be down but for him.

Best player for another team - Jason Scotland.

Best goal scored by your team - Derek Young away at Palmerston.

Best goal scored by another team - Opposition teams don't score good goals, ho ho.

Best team you've played against - Everton (pre-season)

Worst team you've played against - Dumfernline when they were still under Leishman actually stunned me by just how dreadful they were.

Best performance by your team - Hearts at Tynecastle. hugely important game and did the job we needed to do at a very difficult place.

Worst performance by your team - Too many to say. Latest Pars game was one of the few games i genuinely flirted with the idea of leaving at half time. Didnt see it but i'd also add Queens Park.

Your team in general - feel like a bit of a cunt complaining - we've been solid as hell after the first 3rd of the season, however, it has been very dull for long times, which i can stand if we get into Europe but crashing out of both cups in the early stages and missing out on Europe would make it a really shit season..

Team in a false position - Us, although this false position stuff gets on my tits - if you get the points you deserve to be there.

Best player for your team - Anderson goes without saying. Nicholson and Foster(o_O ) would be my runner ups.

Best player for another team - Nakamura was awesome up here, and all season in general.

Best goal scored by your team - Foster v Caley

Best goal scored by another team - Dunno. I can always pick flaws in our defence so that hinders my appreciation of them.

Whoops......

We were still rubbish. Their keeper just had a shocker, which is very unlike him.

Here were the goalkeeping errors which relegated the Pars, if anyone is interested -

phorum - Football Forum - Unbelievable

Also, Barry Wilson (with shocking midlife crisis bleached hair) commited a blatant foul on Owen Morrison before Rory McAllister's deflected goal.

Really feel bad for Dunfermline, as there was no way we deserved to win.

My teams: Aberdeen and Spurs.

Best team you've played against -No one stands out

Worst team you've played against - Caley Thstle

Best performance by your team - Killie a few weeks ago 3-0 nil going on a lot more

Worst performance by your team - Dundee United 4-2 defeat

Your team in general - Extremely lucky in many games, on the whole done well.

Team in a false position - 1970 Brazil (Hibs) - Surely they should be top of the league:up:

Best player for your team - Russell Anderson

Best player for another team - Nakamura, Naismith or Scott Brown

Best goal scored by your team - Ricky Foster v Hibs

Best goal scored by another team - Nakamura chip

Best team you've played against - Sevilla first half at WHL, outclassed us

Worst team you've played against - Watford

Best performance by your team - Most of the UEFA cup campaign

Worst performance by your team - 2 - 0 Bolton first day of the season

Your team in general - Really great to watch, Berba is amazing, defence is shite.

Team in a false position - Man City, should be down (29 goals in a season?!)

Best player for your team - Berbatov

Best player for another team - Bentley, well underated

Best goal scored by your team - Berbatov v Besiktas or Robinson v Watford!

Best goal scored by another team - Matt Taylor volley

Best team you've played against - Hibs (at the start of the season, not now).

Worst team you've played against - Falkirk (at the start of the season, pre Stokes).

Best performance by your team - Dunno... we've pumped Killie a few times this season. But I remember the recent 1-0 win against Hearts at todders a few weeks back. Played them off the park and Lovell scored a cracker.

Worst performance by your team - Queens Park in the cup.

Your team in general - Played some good stuff, but not terribly entertaining sometimes. In general, a decent season (so far).

Team in a false position - Hearts surely.... Romanov said Hearts would be winning the champions league by next season when he first bought them..... what has happened? Still, at least they have the League triumph to look forward to next season.

Best player for your team - Russell Anderson

Best player for another team - Scott Brown

Best goal scored by your team - Ricky Foster vs Motherwell

Best goal scored by another team - Don't really tend to remember goals against us.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Really feel bad for Dunfermline, as there was no way we deserved to win.

Not half as bad as I feel, really thought we were going to pull off the escape of all time.

On the plus side, a possible 6 trophies to be won next season, Division 1, Scottish Cup, League Cup, Diddy Cup, Fife Cup and of course the UEFA Cup!

Noticed on the news yesterday, The St. Mingin' chairman is asking for an investigation into Gretna's right to play in the SPL next season. Nobody wants Gretna to come up, it seems. Keeping my eye on this one, and also frantically scouring to see if Mingin' played any ineligible players this season for a 10-point deduction.............

Not half as bad as I feel, really thought we were going to pull off the escape of all time.

On the plus side, a possible 6 trophies to be won next season, Division 1, Scottish Cup, League Cup, Diddy Cup, Fife Cup and of course the UEFA Cup!

Noticed on the news yesterday, The St. Mingin' chairman is asking for an investigation into Gretna's right to play in the SPL next season. Nobody wants Gretna to come up, it seems. Keeping my eye on this one, and also frantically scouring to see if Mingin' played any ineligible players this season for a 10-point deduction.............

Yeah, I thought we were all over it. That was the worst day of my footballing life, closely followed by watching us lose to Hanfnavargeratuyifiljski in the Uefa Cup a while back...

I saw that story, but won't St.Johnstone just come up instead? Still, if there's anyone who can whinge for all we're worth, it's Yorkston, truly the moaniest basatard in the world. Love it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Yeah, I thought we were all over it. That was the worst day of my footballing life, closely followed by watching us lose to Hanfnavargeratuyifiljski in the Uefa Cup a while back...

I saw that story, but won't St.Johnstone just come up instead? Still, if there's anyone who can whinge for all we're worth, it's Yorkston, truly the moaniest basatard in the world. Love it.

Christ, listening to it on Sportsound was bad enough, even more so considering Calderwood was doing commentary on it..........

St. Johnstone won't pursue it apparently, not sure why. Mingin' are making sure that Gretna meet the same criteria as they had to when they came up in '00. Gretna have a 6000 capacity stadium, therefore they have no right to come up, bugger this ground-sharing caper. When the sheep finished bottom they didn't go down, mind you that was fine by me as it was Satan's Bastards who won the firstie that year.

I don't care if I'm clutching at straws, Gretna have no right to be in the SPL. I hope it goes to a vote, we'll win it hands down.........

i feel sympathy for dunfermaline, they just left a little too much to do in the end but 'thats football' and in any case you have the cup final and european footy to look forward to next season. hope you bounce straight back up.

i'm getting more optimistic (a dangerous dangerous sport as a footy supporter!) about next season. new investment, a board that actually seems to know something about running a football club, should have a decent squad next season. quinn has already been sending some of the deadwood down to the dole office!!!! still have the ground issue to sort out mind. plus there's lots of conference footy on setanta for me to look forward to next season - if we do well we might get on a few times being one of the biggest clubs in the league (my word there is some diddy teams in our league!!!)

and check out the pic in my acvatar of our new assistant manager, alan lewer- a hard bastard with loads of lower league experience. a total disciplinarian apparently but has a reputation for being firm but fair. just what you need at this level to sort out the enivitable failures, lazy bastards and players who havent fulfilled their potential that the conference is littered with!!!

naturally all that hope will be shattered when we lose to some dinky team like salisbury or farsley first game of the season.......

and check out the pic in my acvatar of our new assistant manager, alan lewer- a hard bastard with loads of lower league experience. a total disciplinarian apparently but has a reputation for being firm but fair. just what you need at this level to sort out the enivitable failures, lazy bastards and players who havent fulfilled their potential that the conference is littered with!!!

naturally all that hope will be shattered when we lose to some dinky team like salisbury or farsley first game of the season.......

Just me, or does Lewer bear more than a passing resemblance to Jim ex-Drakes?

I wish I was as optimistic about next season as you, I think we're going to be in deep in the shit with Jimmy Bone managing, our best players offski, and no money......

Just me, or does Lewer bear more than a passing resemblance to Jim ex-Drakes?

I wish I was as optimistic about next season as you, I think we're going to be in deep in the shit with Jimmy Bone managing, our best players offski, and no money......

ha ha yes he does!!! apparently we have 'two proven goalscorers and a keeper at this level' players expected to sign within the next day! believe it when i see it!

Allardyce has gone to Newcastle. Yasss! Initial signings i would like to see are:

• Tal Ben Haim (Bolton)
  • Sol Campbell (Portsmouth)
  • Darren Bent (Charlton)

I also quite like that Bolton player Nicky Hunt, but being Bolton born and bred i wouldn't fancy him to leave.

allardyce has wasted no time getting rid of players - craig moore, titus bramble and oliver barnard amongst those released by him today.

Considering they were rubbish, and 2 of them had played for Rangers, i have zero complaints. They got rid of that American defender as well.