aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Foster's performance and thunderbolt were the only good things about today. We should have won but didn't really deserve to. Too many players not giving their all. The performance today made it look like an end of season meaningless fixture as opposed to "the race for Europe". Brewster is so far past it it's embarrassing.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 1-0 Arkwright's XI

Right back in the mix, only a single point behind St. Mingin'. They're starting to shit it now, but it boils my piss that I'm hoping for Satan's Bastards to do us a favour tomorrow night. We're away to Mingin' a week tomorrow, bring it on! I'm a veteran of relegation dogfights, but this one could go right down to the last day. And if we win the replay on Tuesday we're in Europe. Never a dull moment supporting the DA. I "Kenny" believe it.

Good result, young man.

Am pleased for you. Is your nickname really "The Us": BBC SPORT | Football | Non League | Aldershot 0-1 Cambridge Utd ???

That's actually rubbish. But still well done.

i'm afraid it is and it is indeed rubbish!!! yeah a magnificent win on sat, relegation nerves eased as results all went our way - a draw should be enough against tamworth next sat but a win and we're deffo playing live on setanta sport next season (they are showing 80 games from the conference or blue square premier league as it will be known from next season). we too just under a thousand to the match (more than a lot of teams in this divisions home attendences!).

deffo got renewed hope for next season if we stay up - new investment to put together a promotion challenging squad and try and take our place back in the football league!

Sir Jake of Spike - can I just say...

FUCKING YESSSSSSSS!!!

Have had nothing but Hibbys going on at me for the last two weeks about how they were going to be in Europe and Hearts aren't.

I just phoned him up with the news: I'm already expecting his precursory 'Hampden here I come' post, followed by 'PS: Europe here I come!' when he gets into work tomorrow.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I just phoned him up with the news: I'm already expecting his precursory 'Hampden here I come' post, followed by 'PS: Europe here I come!' when he gets into work tomorrow.

Yahoo! Hampden here I come again! John Collins, Grant Stott, that rich git who owns Kwik-Fit, the two ugly bastards from that shite Proclaimers band, get it right up ye! Your boys took one hell of a beating!

Europe here I come as well, can't believe this. Even if we do go down, we can maybe convince players to stay with the carrot of European football.

Yahoo! Hampden here I come again! John Collins, Grant Stott, that rich git who owns Kwik-Fit, the two ugly bastards from that shite Proclaimers band, get it right up ye! Your boys took one hell of a beating!

Europe here I come as well, can't believe this. Even if we do go down, we can maybe convince players to stay with the carrot of European football.

chuffed for you mate and in the UEFA cup to boot! i know what a wretched season the pars have had so at least you can enjoy a nice day out and who knows you may even win!!!! you might still escape relegation yet!!!

check this list of people boston united owe money to!!! looks like the club might have to fold - i'm slightly unsympathetic to them because they cheated their way into the football league a few seasons ago (through dodgy payments and back handers - the FA were very lenient with them -

"in the wake of their promotion, Boston's manager, Steve Evans, and former chairman, Pat Malkinson, were charged with breaking the Football Association's rules over the registration of players. Both men received bans from the FA, and the club were fined and docked four points from their first season in the League. This angered some, especially the Conference runners up Dagenham & Redbridge, who believed that any points deduction should have applied to the previous season, which would have meant Dagenham being promoted instead. Despite the penalty, Boston survived their first season in the Third Division, finishing in 15th place."

Apparently they might not be able to fulfull their last home fixture of the season which would mean their record for this season would be expunged....

Lavaflow 1,400,000.00

H M Revenue & Customs (PAYE) 847,331.47

The Gliderdrome 267,173.27

H M Revenue & Customs (VAT) 214,328.83

Glasgow Rangers FC plc 38,805.55

Hemmingway Head Office 38,335.89

Ian Lee 16,000.00

J S Management Consultancy 15,956.00

Professional Footballers Association 14,000.00

Swallow Hotels & Inns 13,578.31

Portsmouth FC 13,558.50

Gordon Smith Sports 12,584.25

Lincolnshire Police Authority 11,653.79

Bespoke People Solutions Ltd 11,216.37

Printability 2000 Ltd 9,376.28

Ipswich Town FC 7,005.68

Middlesbrough Football Club 6,058.97

Strata Sports Marketing Ltd 5,875.00

Chester City Football Club 5,712.85

SHO Limited 3,903.12

Birmingham City Football Company plc 3,765.19

Couchman Harrington Associates 2,907.73

Mobilis Sports 2,886.54

British Red Cross 2,581.53

Health Partners Europe Ltd 2,496.09

Peterborough United FC 2,291.07

Brian James 2,225.00

Makespace Mezzanine Floors 1,949.80

Pro Star Management 1,845.00

Wotton of Tiverton Ltd 1,800.00

Chatteris Caterers 1,776.00

CSA - Brad Maylett 1,775.43

Metro Sport 1,753.40

Impact (Boston) Ltd 1,497.13

Peter Cole Consultants 1,407.36

Sage (UK) Limited 1,387.89

Chestnut Homes 1,297.50

Telecom Midlands Ltd 1,111.85

Boston Anorak Company Ltd 1,110.38

CSA - Francis Green 1,100.38

Frieston Playing Fields Association 1,068.00

County Gourmet 965.38

The Groin & Hernia Clinic 915.00

Billinghams 895.55

Mr A J Banks 895.00

Bradford City Football Club 862.65

BBC Publishing 816.63

Heritage Leisure Designs Ltd 762.21

PHS Group plc 616.70

Vandanel Sports Ltd 559.12

Premier Sports Medical 545.39

Craven & Nicholas (Engineering) Ltd 520.51

Tate Security Technology Ltd 505.00

Physique Management Company Ltd 454.24

Turnstile Systems 452.21

Ace Events Ltd 433.00

Fineturf 331.51

Mrs Margaret McGarry 330.00

Boston Commercial Cleaners Ltd 314.31

Sports Kit Pro Soccer 313.13

Agrilinc 310.14

Forceshift (Contracting) Ltd 294.00

Stamp Storage 280.03

Floodlight Lux Services 275.00

Healthguard Ltd 227.72

Red Lion Enterprises 170.00

Anthony Swindells 125.00

PRS Music Licence 101.40

Bramley House 100.00

Graham Trigg Plumbing & Heating Eng 88.46

Time to Frame 75.00

Watering Well Water Coolers Ltd 63.62

Miko Coffe Ltd 61.50

I T Com Solutions (UK) Ltd 45.00

HSS Hire 41.60

Kings Office Equipment 41.47

O2 (UK) Limited 30.00

Programme Master Ltd 20.00

Woodco Office Equipment Co 17.80

The Voluntary Arrangement Service 0.00

The Pensions Regulator 0.00

The Pension Protection Fund 0.00

Pension - Trustee 0.00

Total 3,006,342.68

3-0 at the moment, crusing.

As things stand, i think St J win division 1 by a single point, what a come-back that owuld be. Southend have just scored but i think its too late for them now. Charlton have just let in a stupid goal, thats them down. West Ham are winning 2-0. Birmingham down to 10 men, i love this point of the season.

Hamilton have just scored so thats 3-2 St J now.

Guest Bob Double Jack

i hate gretna. i'm sick of the "fairy tale" pish the press come out with.what about "millionaire backs them til they get success" story. like a minks chelsea.

i'd be very surprised if they had any support north of glasgow.

wank.

Sounds like our 3rd was pretty bizarre. Mackie was walking away from the Killie box and Combe somehow managed to throw the ball off Mackie's back and into the net.

Exactly that. It was hilarious! Worth staying up for on Monday night Scotland Ess-pee-ell. We were much better than last week. Solid, sensible formation. Deserved 3-0 win.

The atmosphere was a bit pish. I was sitting next to the killie fans and they were very amusing. Good banter. They were singing Aberdeen songs because no dons fans were singing.

A 0-0 piss boring snore fest at Firhill (don't get many of these), only livened up with some fisticuffs early in the second half. Probably should have won, had at least four clear cut chances, and a stonewall penalty declined by Mike Ritchie, who got the biggest cheer of the day when the announcer told us it was his last game.

And the cheerleaders at half time? Ho ho! :love:

Guest DustyDeviada

So, a few ifs here, but IF Celtic beat Hearts tomorrow, and IF we draw or win with Hearts next week, we are in Europe regardless of our results in the last two games, yes?