aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearts 2nd bottom from the last 6 games hehe. with a bit of luck we can get a draw at Parkhead, should be 3 points at home against falkirk, i'd be disapointed with not taking anything from hearts at tynie, then rangers at home on the 23rd, thats a tasty fixture. if we can pick up 7 points from now til christmas we're laughing. the fixture list is very kind to us this year, we've got the 3 hardest teams in the division in 4 consecutive games, and then after that we play the lesser teams all in a row (minus perhaps hibs). good way to build up the points and we take confidence from a good run into the hard games.

This season's first table ATM, note the very odd goal differences:

---------------------------------------------------

1 Gretna 15 21 30

2 Partick 15 -4 27

3 Hamilton 15 -1 25

4 St Johnstone 15 12 24

5 Livingston 15 6 23

6 Clyde 15 4 21

7 Dundee 15 1 20

8 Ross County 15 -8 16

9 Queen of South 15 -20 11

10 Airdrie Utd 15 -11 10

-------------------------------------------------------

QOS at Firhill this Saturday, another round of the 'BBC pundit? Yer havin a laugh!' chant from Dumfries would be nice......

pity they didn't lose by more than 1!

I really can't wait for the game at pittodrie, i'm praying for an early christmas present though i'm tempted to put my life savings on a 1 nil defeat courtesy of a goal late in the second half as this seems to be the norm against the old firm this season. Still if someone told me at the start of the season that the dons would be battling it out for 2nd at the turn of the year, I would have gutted the jerk for having such poor taste. It can't last but its hella fun. The great thing is we have played utter gash this season yet somehow we are squeezing out decent results at home, horrible goal keeping errors aside of course.

Glad to see Mackie scoring too, hero, now we should sign Aimar in January and our squad would be complete!

i don't see any scottish football these days (apart from celtic in the champions league on irish telly) so why are rangers so bad????

PLG has no clue about Scottish football and has bought some complete Donkeys (Sebo, Svensson, Sionko). He also persists with this weird 4-3-3 formation that works in Europe but not in the SPL. He'll be on his way if they lose anymore games this month.

It's all very funny!

Third round ties:

Celtic v Dumbarton

St Johnstone v Ayr United

Ross County v Partick Thistle

Dundee v Queen of the South

Morton v Kilmarnock

Aberdeen v Hibernian

Clyde v Gretna

Stirling Albion v Inverness CT

Airdrie Utd v Motherwell

Dundee Utd v St Mirren

Stranraer v Hearts

Hamilton Academical v Bastard Franchise Scum

Dunfermline v Rangers

Berwick Rangers v Falkirk

Deveronvale v Elgin City

Cowdenbeath v Brechin City

argh! Woke up at 2.30 so missed the Dons game. 21 saved? A good time missed?

First half brilliant. Second half utter pish, probably the worst the Dons have played all season. By all accounts, it followed the same course as Falkirk's visit to Pittodrie earlier this season; first half was a walkover, second a complete disappointment.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Dunfermline v Rangers

Absolutely fucking typical, no Hampden for me next year. In other news:

Dunfermline 1-2 Sellick

*groan*

Gets it out of the way, and it couldn't have been any worse than last week.