aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've let my AFC season ticket lapse' date=' I just can't justify spending all that money on what is going to be our worst season in years. There's been no attempt to increase the depth of the squad, and any injuries will result in 17 year-olds plugging the gaps. I'll be amazed if we make the top 6.

*cue Mackie scoring 40 goals this season and moving to Barcelona*[/quote']

completely off topic but i notice robots in disguise is in your recently listened to tracks. My sisters met the band and they are supposedly lovely girls. Dj's got a gun is just classic electro-pop stuff :up:

completely off topic but i notice robots in disguise is in your recently listened to tracks. My sisters met the band and they are supposedly lovely girls. Dj's got a gun is just classic electro-pop stuff :up:

I went to see them when i was at Leeds festival 6 years ago, purely because of the transformers reference. They were rubbish.

Back to Football. I was at Rossco Tokely's testimonial last night against Sheffield Utd; John Rankin looks a good player.

I also see Southampton are considering a bid for that South African the Dons are after. George Burley must read the papers eh?

I also found a funny name that County fans call caley - Inamess Cannae Whistle . I think thats quite ace

Guest neil ex

Predictions

Celtic 3-0 Kilmarnock

Dundee Utd 1-1 Falkirk

Dunfermline 0-3 Hearts

Hibernian 0-1 Aberdeen

Inverness CT 2-2 St. Mirren

Motherwell 1-2 Rangers

Celtic 3-0 Kilmarnock

Dundee Utd 1-1 Falkirk

Dunfermline 0-3 Hearts

Hibernian 0-1 Aberdeen

Inverness CT 2-2 St. Mirren

Motherwell 1-2 Rangers

Celtic 4-1 Kilmarnock

Dundee Utd 0-1 Falkirk

Dunfermline 1-2 Hearts

Hibernian 1-3 Aberdeen

Inverness CT 2-0 St. Mirren

Motherwell 0-1 Rangers

:up:

Celtic 1-1 Kilmarnock

Dundee Utd 0-0 Falkirk

Dunfermline 1-4 Hearts

Hibernian 1-1 Aberdeen

Inverness CT 2-0 St. Mirren

Motherwell 0-1 Rangers

The way Celtic are playing just now, there is no way they are going to score 4 goals as suggested by Bux. Plus Kilmarnock have been on fire in their preseason friendlies.

Going to Inverness for the first game of ICT's season :love: :love: :love:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jake Wifebeater

Back in the real world:

Dunfermline 1-2 Hearts

Inverness 1-2 St. Mingin'

Dundee United 1-2 Satan's Revolting XI

*groan*

Couldn't have gone any worse, really. A 6-pointer coming up at Snake Mountain this weekend.

The way Celtic are playing just now' date=' there is no way they are going to score 4 goals as suggested by Bux. Plus Kilmarnock have been on fire in their preseason friendlies.[/quote']

How shit am I!!! :down:

ICT played pretty poorly on sat, but it was mainly down to St Mirren's packed midfield, and 10 men behind the ball at all times attitude. We benefit from being a counter attacking team, but in this case we had to attack and got beat by two punts up the pitch. School boy errors.

At least Rankin looked a good acquisition, and Dargo was looking sharp. Lets just hope this is a first game of the season blip.

So any suggestions for the pre game pints before the Dons/ICT game on sat?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
A 6-pointer coming up at Snake Mountain this weekend.

And it finished:

Satan's Revolting XI 1-0 Dunfermline

*rage*

Cheating, web-toed, six-fingered hoorbags.

Better news!

Alex Rae's Tracksuit XI - 0

The Mighty Jags - 1

'YOU'RE THE WORST TEAM IN DUNDEE!'

OHHHHHHH YOU'RE THE WORST TEAM IN DUNDEE!'

Not long back, shitting bricks after we spent the last ten minutes defending badly but just held on. First opening day win in a fucking age.........

Dons 1 - ICT 1

Surprise surprise, a boring match. Referee was absolutely fucking gash; never should have been a free kick leading up to the Dons goal.

Jimmy does his usual, where the Dons go 1 up, puts 7 defenders across the back. Maybe he'll learn now that it keeps getting them undone like yesterday.

Ach well, bring on the next three games.... Hibs, Celtic, Hearts. Thats 9 points for us guaranteed!!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Satan's Revolting XI 1-0 Dunfermline

And as if that wasn't bad enough, and it doesn't get worse than that, we welcome the Huns to Fortress EEP this weekend. They'll be smarting from dropping 2 points at home, and I bet we suffer the consequences. We'll be relegated by Christmas at this rate.

i was listening to talksport today and one of the presenters adrian durham (a peterborough united supporter which does make him a cunt by default) was saying how dreadful celtic were against hearts and that the jam tarts should be taken as serious title contenders this season, any truth in this??? in any case its good to see someone taking on the old firm.

I personally don't think Hearts have a great quality in depth; scary considering they have about 75 players!! The likes of Paul Hartley gets injured, and they are stuck with Ibrahim (not very) Tall in midfield.

I do hope they keep up the good form and make a push for the title, but i just don't see them lasting the distance. Especially if they have a successful European campaign.

Guest neil ex
Hearts' date=' Hearts Glorious Hearts!!![/quote']

Indeed. :down:

Nice bit of playing acting once again from the mighty JTs aswell.

I'm just glad it wasn't Aberdeen out there..

Guest neil ex
Dons 1 - ICT 1

Surprise surprise' date=' a boring match.

Jimmy does his usual, where the Dons go 1 up, puts 7 defenders across the back.

[/quote']

Aye and that's how you set your team out to play every time you come up to Pittodrie.

Guest neil ex

Easy 3 points for the Dandies yesterday. I thought I saw Mauris Malpas at the game but it must not have been him cause I think he was watching another game.. Next Ian McCall..

Well done Falkirk too. Cheating bastards Hearts. :swearing: