aberdeen-music

Why is it nobody cares about the World anymore?

Snakebite

Why is it nobody cares about the World anymore? (No IDIOTS please)

People these days are too involved with themselves whilst the World around them is turning into chaos. It's all me, me, me these days.

Nobody seems to take anything seriously unless they have a financial interest or are religious fanatics

Millions Starve whilst countries war

World War 3 here we come

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH

Do we all deserve to DIE because of our ignorance?

People these days are too involved with themselves whilst the World around them is turning into chaos. It's all me' date=' me, me these days.

Nobody seems to take anything seriously unless they have a financial interest or are religious fanatics

World War 3 here we come

Feck's sake wee man/woman - lighten up 8)

There won't be World War III, coz the dimwitted general public will be too busy...

a) talking pish on their mobiles

b) reading Chat/Heat/OK/Hello magazine

c) concerning themselves with the lives and times of worthless individuals like Jade Goody & Victoria Slagbag

d) watching complete and utter drivel on the telly (e.g. Big Brother - the REAL death of society)

e) stuffing their fat faces with American junk food

f) driving 8mpg 4x4s to the shops & back

...to care about a war :up:

This planet will most definitely end with a whimper, not a bang :swearing:

DZL

You're right about one thing though - it is a "me, me, me" society, replete with ignorant, selfish plebs.

You're beginning to annoy me with your posts. Stop moaning about other folk. If you're happy in the knowledge that you give a shit' date=' then fine, but I don't need to come into the Wasteland with every thread from you about stopping wars or fighting poverty.[/quote']

Dont go into the wasteland then.

People complain that the threads are not in depth enough and do not contain any serious debates.

Then when someone posts a serious topic for debate nobody wants to discuss it instead they revert to a mental age of 3 and take the piss.

No wonder this website is going down the pan

Has everyone in the world turned into an idiot

Is there any intelligent people still out there?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I used to let things bother me, but I got fed up with my Atlas complex. As I get older, I'm thinking more and more that the "end of the world" would be no bad thing. Look at the state of it, it's beyond fucked and whether it's worth saving is debatable.

So, don't worry about shit you have no control over, concentrate on what you CAN do. Be a good friend to people you care about, be there for them when they need someone, don't fuck people over, and always be honest. As long as I can look myself in the mirror every day and be comfortable with what I see, dandy.

I used to let things bother me' date=' but I got fed up with my Atlas complex. As I get older, I'm thinking more and more that the "end of the world" would be no bad thing. Look at the state of it, it's beyond fucked and whether it's worth saving is debatable.

So, don't worry about shit you have no control over, concentrate on what you CAN do. Be a good friend to people you care about, be there for them when they need someone, don't fuck people over, and always be honest. As long as I can look myself in the mirror every day and be comfortable with what I see, dandy.[/quote']

My sentiments exactly.

We can do our own wee bit by being nice to the person next to us - the Butterfly (or Ripple) Effect.

You don't need to set yourself on fire, chain yourself to anything or join one of those hypocritical nut-job "action" groups who think it's OK to sabotage things "in the name of" whatever takes their interest this particular month. Just do your bit and sleep soundly at night.

As for the Middle-East (from an earlier post on here today) - get it right up their collective hole. They've been squabbling and killing each other for thousands of years - it's in their genes. Some bored, middle-class vegetarian with a crisis of conscience isn't going to change it now.

"Do Yer Bit" - I like that :up: think I'll get some tee-shirts made up.

I used to let things bother me' date=' but I got fed up with my Atlas complex. As I get older, I'm thinking more and more that the "end of the world" would be no bad thing. Look at the state of it, it's beyond fucked and whether it's worth saving is debatable.

So, don't worry about shit you have no control over, concentrate on what you CAN do. Be a good friend to people you care about, be there for them when they need someone, don't fuck people over, and always be honest. As long as I can look myself in the mirror every day and be comfortable with what I see, dandy.[/quote']

Word. :gringo:

Snakebite for the life of me I can't see why writing a post like that on here is in anyway helping the starving millions.

For what its worth I think more and more people today are a great deal more concerned than they once were. We are frequently accused of political apathy but I think that is partly because we don't have dedications to parties like previous generations had. Instead we are more concerned with the bigger picture, not with Unions sniping and etc as we all were in the 70s, but with things like marching against an illegal war, recycling our rubbish and so on. And it's plain daft to say no-one cares about the starving millions with Live8 and the G8 so recently.

People these days are too involved with themselves whilst the World around them is turning into chaos. It's all me' date=' me, me these days.

World War 3 here we come

Can you say 'shock tactics'?

Go protest about something, you smelly hippy.

Snakebite for the life of me I can't see why writing a post like that on here is in anyway helping the starving millions.

Don't you think drawing attention to a certain topic like this will involve people actually thinking about it?

Yeah i agree this world has got ignorance, greed and selfish people. Stands without reason really because the human race will always be like that. That's why i hate corporations/politicians/goverments, they are all greedy, ignorant and only care for money rather than the real importantance of human life. Fuck em. Why is it when someone actually shows concern about the world they live in, hoards hoards of fucktards give abuse. Their iq is so lacking

I care i donated £2.50p every week off my pay to barnardo's.......(for 2 years)

Then i stopped

Then i gave £3.00 a week of my wages to cancer research......(for 3 years)

Came straight out my bank as a DD so i hardly even noticed it was taken half the time...

So dont tell me i dont care i do my little bit now and again.......

Don't you think drawing attention to a certain topic like this will involve people actually thinking about it?

Yeah i agree this world has got ignorance' date=' greed and selfish people. Stands without reason really because the human race will always be like that. That's why i hate corporations/politicians/goverments, they are all greedy, ignorant and only care for money rather than the real importantance of human life. Fuck em. Why is it when someone actually shows concern about the world they live in, hoards hoards of fucktards give abuse. Their iq is so lacking[/quote']

IQ lacking fucktard and proud.

The human being is not so intelligent as a collective. If we were, the planet wouldnt be fucked up, people wouldnt starve if there was a redistribution of wealth etc etc.

However, I think this is now beyond repair. There will always be starving people and global warming will not help.

I help trapped flies if they come into my house. Is that helping the cause?