aberdeen-music

The Datsuns @ Moshulu - September 10.

• 2 months later...

Did people enjoy this?

I didn't really know The Datsuns and had them bracketed in with all the other indie bands called "the (something)" that I was vaguely aware of 4 years ago or so. I wasn't expecting full on rock n roll explosion with wailing guitars. Pleasantly surprised although I don't think I'd buy them on record as their tunes seemed a bit samey.

Missed the support, any use?

Did people enjoy this?

I didn't really know The Datsuns and had them bracketed in with all the other indie bands called "the (something)" that I was vaguely aware of 4 years ago or so. I wasn't expecting full on rock n roll explosion with wailing guitars. Pleasantly surprised although I don't think I'd buy them on record as their tunes seemed a bit samey.

Missed the support' date=' any use?[/quote']

To be honest, I am not really a big fan of classic-type rock at all, but I thought The Datsuns were everything a live band should be. They were excellent, tight as fuck, and certainly got the crowd going. Their set was also very lengthy indeed and was pretty satisfying, playing a lot of old and new stuff. When I got to Moshulu, there was hardly anyone there, so I thought it would be a poor turnout, but just before the Datsuns started playing I looked around and realised that shit loads of people had entered without me even noticing, and I am glad this happened because it added to the atmosphere of their set as a whole.

Winnebago Deal started off as being a bit mince (mostly because the sound was bloody terrible), but the sound engineer finally pulled his/her finger out their arse and tweaked it to be a surprisingly heavy sound for just a guitar and drum, two-man band. Although I wouldn't buy their records or anything, I thought they were a great support band and certainly set the right mood for the Datsuns coming on. Pity there wasn't as many people to see them as there was for the headliner.

All in all a good gig, and well worth the tenner.