aberdeen-music

2 pedal questions!!!

timson

i'm fed up with my crappy lil pocket tuner that keeps breakin or not picking up a signal, anybody know where i can get a Boss TU-2 tuner and how much are they?

also where can i get a marshall guv'nor distortion pedal and how much are they

cheers timson

i'm fed up with my crappy lil pocket tuner that keeps breakin or not picking up a signal' date=' anybody know where i can get a Boss TU-2 tuner and how much are they?

also where can i get a marshall guv'nor distortion pedal and how much are they

cheers timson[/quote']

www.gak.co.uk

I think TU-2's are around 69 and i think the Guvnor is around 49. You could buy both in Aberdeen from either R&B or Bruce Millers for those sort of prices.

The TU-2 is a godsend but to be honest i prefer the Jackhammer to the Guvnor

I bought teh brand new Planet Waves floor tuner for 80 (pricey i know but i won some money playing cards) and its so fucking good. Better than the Boss IMHO.

Wooooooooahhhhh there Sammy Boy o_O

Thats a bold statement.

You do realise that the TU-2 is THE Holy Grail of stomp box tuners :D

This may sound stupid' date=' but how good can a tuner be? Why pay 80 quid for one, when surely a 10 quid one does the exact same job?[/quote']

That's a good question. I'm sure a 10 quid tuner would do sometimes, but IMO for a live situation it's hard to beat a pedal tuner such as the Boss. You can tuner quietly, you can use it as a mute. I've seen me use it at the start of a song to mute my signal if I'm getting unwanted feedback etc. You just need to kick it in a split second before you hit the first note.