aberdeen-music

Crazy Thunder & Lightning

Mouse

Guest Craig C

I normally get pissed off when I get woken up by something, but this time I was like "Ah it's thunder and lightning - fair enough"

Plus, the sound of heavy rain and quiet streets is always pleasing to the ears :)

I'm quite deeply envious. It's currently hotter than the sun and deeply humid in Costa Del London - with no chance of rain and it's apparently only going to get hotter (was 32 degrees during the day today). I'm not built for this kind of weather.

I once saw a house down the road from my mum's getting struck by lightning. It was an amazing sight.

a tree near my house got struck by lightning or thunder (i dont know the difference) a few years ago, it was a huge bastard of a tree, and the thunder snapped it in half and the whole top fell down... i was standing about 20 foot away if that, it was fucking scarry,, yet UBER cool!

a tree near my house got struck by lightning or thunder (i dont know the difference) a few years ago' date=' it was a huge bastard of a tree, and the thunder snapped it in half and the whole top fell down... i was standing about 20 foot away if that, it was fucking scarry,, yet UBER cool![/quote']

You seriously dont know the difference between thunder and lightning?

Guest bluesxman

I woke up on the sofa after getting a tad drunk on Saturday. One roll of thunder was so loud I thought my house was away to fall in on my heed. Bastard weather waking me up and stopping me getting back to sleep.:swearing: So I had a Spaghetti Western day and watched Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More. :gringo: Was going to watch Good, The Bad And The Ugly too but was westerned out.

I once saw a house down the road from my mum's getting struck by lightning. It was an amazing sight.

I once saw one of my mates get struck by lightening - that was scary! Especially as we were a good couple of miles from the nearest road and it was before the age of mobiles. She survived to tell the tale even though her nails changed colour! Her shoes were smoking too, that was the funny part!

I once saw one of my mates get struck by lightening - that was scary! Especially as we were a good couple of miles from the nearest road and it was before the age of mobiles. She survived to tell the tale even though her nails changed colour! Her shoes were smoking too' date=' that was the funny part![/quote']

lucky to be alive! One of my friends was playing golf with his pal and his pal was struck by lightning, it killed him!:down:

I woke up on the sofa after getting a tad drunk on Saturday. One roll of thunder was so loud I thought my house was away to fall in on my heed. Bastard weather waking me up and stopping me getting back to sleep.:swearing: So I had a Spaghetti Western day and watched Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More. :gringo: Was going to watch Good' date=' The Bad And The Ugly too but was westerned out.[/quote']

would that have been about 20 past 8? i'm staying at my future inlaws just now(well, only at night) while unpacking and painting my new flat and we were awoken by the loudest thunderclap EVER at that time and it set off loads of car alarms in farburn drive. it was scary cause the lightning and thunder were simultaneous. i actually woke up like in a film with both hands clutching the duvet up to my chin, then i realised that i was acting like a pussy and ran to the window to try and spot some cool lightning. didn't see any though, just the flashes. :(

sounds like you had a great day though, wish i could sit and watch the spaghetti western trilogy for a whole day.

Guest bluesxman
would that have been about 20 past 8? i'm staying at my future inlaws just now(well' date=' only at night) while unpacking and painting my new flat and we were awoken by the loudest thunderclap EVER at that time and it set off loads of car alarms in farburn drive. it was scary cause the lightning and thunder were simultaneous. i actually woke up like in a film with both hands clutching the duvet up to my chin, then i realised that i was acting like a pussy and ran to the window to try and spot some cool lightning. didn't see any though, just the flashes. :(

sounds like you had a great day though, wish i could sit and watch the spaghetti western trilogy for a whole day.[/quote']

Aye it was about that time I think, the thunder could be heard retreating into the distance and then another wave came over a while later but there were no rumbles that loud again. I was glued to the sofa so couldn't be arsed looking for lightning.

Was going to watch the third movie tonight but have just realised I said I would go out fishing with an old work mate. Kinda hoping it rains so I don't have to, would have preferred the weather to be sunny to sit bobbing about in a wee boat.