aberdeen-music

Going to TITP on an ebay bought ticket?

Cloud

err' date=' doesn't that just make more money for the touts? they buy a ticket for 100, sell it for 300 on ebay, then get their original 100 refunded by DF?

have i missed something?[/quote']

It does, but I suspect it would open them up to legal action - if the ticket bought from the touts has been cancelled, then the theory is that the person buying the ticket will then sue the arse off of the tout and put said tout in a world of trouble. Of course, with ebay bought tickets and paypal being used, they might have absolutely no way to get their money back.

I doubt DF will want to beat the touts too heavily though - from a purely cynical point of view, the touts ensure that the tickets sell as quickly as possible - which helps their cashflow, if nothing else.

Guest bluesxman

I would like to think that they have to surrender the cancelled ticket to gain a refund of the original value to prevent them getting their cash back plus flogging a void ticket to some poor get off-line, but that's not clear.