aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Runcie

Bass amp help.

Hello, I'm a guitarist playing bass in a band at the mo and I'll be needing to buy a bass amp soon. Only problem is i know nothing bout bass amps at all. Anyone recommend anything for like 500 - 600. I thought the fender ones look pretty cool but i dunno.

Cheers.

check out www.gak.co.uk i think they have a price range thingy.

they also have a 120w behringer amp for like 150. i have that' date=' and its perfect for practice or shows. :)[/quote']

Sorry, absolutely speechless..............

Sorry' date=' absolutely speechless..............[/quote']

Yeah i almost felt a little ill aswell. Unless it was supposed to be funny?!

Hello' date=' I'm a guitarist playing bass in a band at the mo and I'll be needing to buy a bass amp soon. Only problem is i know nothing bout bass amps at all. Anyone recommend anything for like 500 - 600. I thought the fender ones look pretty cool but i dunno.

Cheers.[/quote']

Please find below a blatant plug for bass amp for sale :up:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36491

Cheers,

Mike

T'is true - you don't need to spend 600! I've got a Torque 200W combo that cost me half that (although Torque have gone bust now) and it does me a treat. You can also take it on the bus which is a good feature!

I think by the time the guy has £500-£600 to spend on a bass amp... he wants something that he won't have to upgrade in a year or so cos it ain't what he wants.

Oops! Seems like you made a spelling mistake, I think you meant to say:

they also have a 120w behringer amp for like 150. i have that' date=' and its perfect for propping doors open if you dont have a door wedge handy[/quote']

ive used it for a show in moshulu, and it was fine for that. 650 person venue and all that. . . onstage volume was fine also. so i cant see your problems. :)

since im full blown skint it seemed like a decent amp to buy.

but in response to the topic, you may also fancy lookin at ashdown or ampeg. generally more expensive tho

ive used it for a show in moshulu' date=' and it was fine for that. 650 person venue and all that. . . [/quote']

Ever wondered what that silver box you plugged in to was?

Yeah I did look at the behringer stuff but it all seemed emm well, a bit shit. I was looking for a trace elliot like the one in drummonds with the 4x10s but i couldn't see them anywhere. I'm thinking bout going for a 4x10 Hartke combo for 449. Anyone played any of these? Also whats gallien-krueger stuff like. Theres a 2x10 combo for 645 on GAK and it looks pretty cool.

get in about it and try it yourself. you'll only get a real feel for the quality and the sound if you do it yourself. my personal preference is to avoid behringer and laney but the next amp i buy will most likely be an ampeg.

/x