aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Muse

The new album is pretty damn good although there are parts when they seem to try and sound like Franz Ferdinand:down:

Bliss and Citizen Erased are awesome tunes, Muse rock.

Brilliant' date=' sounds like this could be the best Muse album yet! ;)[/quote']

Whatever floats your boat Mr Dave. :up:

I'm listening to this just now and it's fucking awesome.

If you don't like Muse, you won't like this. But if you do - man, it's amazing.

Track one is like an even more pomped up Apocalypse Please, but with synths instead of piano - it then builds up into the full band and is the dictionary definition of "epic."

The rest follows suit.

It's amazing. And "Assasin" rocks VERY hard.

It sounds fuck all like Jeff Buckley. Or Radiohead.

They have Rage's sound crew, though. :up:

Brilliant' date=' sounds like this could be the best Muse album yet! ;)[/quote']

It is. I love Muse, but this is their best yet.

Don't be fooled by the direction of the single!

Guest bluesxman

I bought Showbiz when it came out and wasn't too impressed, wasn't going to bother with them again but after hearing Plug In Baby I got Origin Of Symmetry which is ace and Absolution is ace too, Hysteria makes me want to rip the head off a passing pigeon every time. What I've heard of the new single sounds damn good so will be buying this baby too.

i quite liked super massive black hole. the rest of the album's okay.

i'm not a muse fan though, i find them to be overblown and pretentious. the missus is verging on fanatical however.

I think they've got gradually better with each album, although i haven't heard the any of the new one yet, although Supermassive Black Hole is definitely one of the best singles of the year. I just find them a bit too hysterical and overblown to love.

its good

but im still believing that absolution is a better album

but im loving the trumpet solos :D

Trumpet solo is brilliant!

I just find that Absolution has a few "filler" tracks on it, a bit like Origin of Symmetry - don't get me wrong both albums are immense, but some tracks stand out way more than others.

I think the new one is consistently amazing!

Interesting to hear they are now using a keyboard player when they play live. I remember Matt saying after a disastarous "TFI Friady" performance they would never use one again. How things change. I l always admired Muse for being a 3 piece and making such an almighty din.

Cannae wait to see them at Meadowbank now!

i always have loved how whenever muse get reviewed its fitted in somewhere that it seems like there is a few people behind the stage making extra noise as its simply not possible for 3 guys to make that sound they do 8-)

Is there a 4th member of Muse? There is a pic of 4 guys in the Muse.mu homepage. The fourth guy looks like Morrisey with glasses.

Muse are terrible.

This is actually coming from a guy who is listening to "The Others" and "The Libertines."

Cheers min, best laugh i've had in ages. :up:

Is there a 4th member of Muse? There is a pic of 4 guys in the Muse.mu homepage. The fourth guy looks like Morrisey with glasses.

Only for live stuff. He used to play with the Streets.

Interesting to hear they are now using a keyboard player when they play live. I remember Matt saying after a disastarous "TFI Friady" performance they would never use one again. How things change. I l always admired Muse for being a 3 piece and making such an almighty din.