aberdeen-music

Howard Marks

psydoll

Anyone else head down to this at Kef last night? Howard was in great form although he was a bit wobbly on his feet at the end. Questions bit at the end was a bit shit as well - the man's travelled so much and he's an intelligent guy, he's got his own record label (apparently) and we get rubbiss questions like 'Here Howard, people always talk aboot celebrities getting free stuff. Do people come up to you in the street and gi ye ganja?' Rubbiss! Thoroughly enjoyed it despite that :)

• 3 years later...

It is good to Howard Marks being praised on this site.

Howard was in great form on Sunday night and as Psydoll says "he's an intelligent guy" and despite his lifestyle he still has a good memory and is as sharp as ever.

During his "performance" he mentioned the ups and downs of an electrical "sine wave" a couple of times and later on, after the onstage question and answer session, I asked if he remember "Ohm's Law" - and he sure did.

There is nothing addled about Howard's brain!

It was a great night.

Graham

I found the book to be a very enjoyable read and would consider him one of the most interesting people alive today but on the other hand I also got the Mr Nice DVD and it's absolutely terrible. It has fake studio laughter when there aren't even any jokes and he just repeatedly says "i'm so stoned" over and over again.

Still I wouldn't go as far as calling him a "twat". Looking at what he has achieved in his lifetime is incredible (especially since he was baked the whole time as well, I generally struggle to leave the room when i'm baked).

So yeah, give up this touring milarky Howard, you're making Stripey think you're a twat.