aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  

Your favourite GANGSTER film?

It's a REALLY old movie with luvvie-darling Sir Dickie Attenborough as a very convincing baddie. Also notable for the presence of William Hartnell - the very first Dr Who - Christ!!! I know some useless shit o_O

What's significant about "Brighton Rock"' date=' I think, is that the book was very topical at the time it came out, dealing with the razor-gang issues. I suppose it was the English counterpart to "No Mean City".

Great book, great movie.[/quote']

I'm convinced I've seen Brighton Rock or have attempted to watch it... if it's the one where the main guy tries to marry a girl because she's the witness to the crime he commited so that she can't go against him in court. It's in black and white.

If it's the film I'm thinking of I thought it was excellent.

Yeah.....an excellent one!! Brilliant ending' date=' too (although different from the book......I've a feeling the author of the book, Graham Greene did the screenplay as well, but I may be wrong). In the book the whole message is played on the record-your-own-voice disc, but in the film it sticks at "I love you", to give a happier ending.[/quote']

Scrap my post above... I have seen it.

Yeah, my boyfriend said the book had a different ending. I wish the film didn't have the - dare I say - slightly cheesy ending. Regardless it's still a great film.