aberdeen-music

That time again

Once again for any musicians,artist, photographers, graphic designers etc out there that fancy a wee insight and pointers into admin stuff plus. Its free and delivered by creative types opposed to suits. Also, the girls you will speak to if you phone the 0844 number are affa nice...

1pm - 4.45pm

Aberdeen - Starting Out

11 July 2006

This workshop introduces the basics of working as a professional artist or creative. The workshop is aimed at anyone looking to work in the cultural and creative industries and has been attended by over 300 artists, designers, musicians, filmmakers, performers, writers, photographers and community artists.

So if you are trying to finance and make a living from your creative practice or wanting to establish a business in the sector, the afternoon can help you plan your way forward.

The session includes practical exercises and covers;

* Defining your work – how to describe the context for your practice

* Planning – how to develop your project and plan your time

* Legal frameworks – examining structures to support you and your work

* Money matters – how to fund, budget, price and cost your work

* Promotion and PR – building relationships with clients and audiences

To reserve a place, please email info@culturalenterpriseoffice.co.uk or call 0844 544 9990.

“was very useful in giving a more creative based approach to business set-up”, “…each one of us could take this information and adapt it to our own very unique situations.”

email sent. sounds interesting.

Without question an potentially invaluable few hours spent. I have spoken to many that have been to these workshops and used other aspects of the service across the country and they're always dumfounded that not more people abuse the 'free service. Must be an Aberdeen thingo_O

www.culturalenterpriseoffice.co.uk

In case anyone is wondering our 'Professional Develoment and Education Officer' Fiona Pilgrim (she's a designer) runs these workshops and not moi, she is very good and knows too much! I may stick my head in to say hi but no more...

part of the problem may be that the workshops always seem to be on a weekday afternoon and many creative types have non-creative working hours to pay their bills and can't get time off to go to these things. the only reason i can manage is cause i've quit my job and will be doing squat that week :)

not had an email back which is a bit pants. where do i go?

part of the problem may be that the workshops always seem to be on a weekday afternoon and many creative types have non-creative working hours to pay their bills and can't get time off to go to these things. the only reason i can manage is cause i've quit my job and will be doing squat that week :)

not had an email back which is a bit pants. where do i go?

We are all grafters up here but your point has been raised. If there was enough interest then the sessions could easily be held in an evening. Not enough recordable interest as yet.

J