aberdeen-music

Sandi Thom @ Moshulu

Rob

*enables musical obsessive mode*

One of the first recorded incidences of the use of the word "punk" in popular music was in The Mothers Of Invention song "Flower Punk"' date=' which appears on their 1968 album "We're Only In It For The Money". A pastiche of "Hey Joe", the lyrics featured lines such as

"Hey, punk, where you going with those flowers in your hand, I'm goin' up to Frisco to join a psychedelic band". It also features a faux-stoned monologue by Zappa at the end;

.[/quote']

*Engages pedant mode*

Aye, but the use of the word punk can be used interchangabley with dude, ie Flower dude, "hey, dude, where you going with those flower in your hand". However "I wish I was a dude rocker, with flowers in my hair" makes no sense whatsoever8)

Is she actually playing the gig or are we getting a postcard of her with a web address so that 15 folk can then watch her sort her hair live on the internet and the record/marketing companies exponentially develop that figure from 15 to 150 to 1500 to 150,000 and so on in one of the best displays of marketing since the Arctic Monkeys 'self promoted web phenomenon'?

Good luck to her and all that like... But drivel!