aberdeen-music

New Rise Against Vid

Guest Savant

From punktastic: Rise Against have put the controversial video for their brilliant new song Ready To Fall online:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sAOCxWKHLHg&search=rise%20against%20ready

**Some fairly disrurbing images in the video**

Hearfelt sentiment, bad sadly it'll change fuck-all.

Our whole species is both destructive and self-destructive.

We're all doomed.

Accept it.

DZL

Guest lime ruined my life
Not really.

It's showing how man has destroyed nature. That is the POINT of it.

This was/is a part of a PETA campaign' date=' it's not just a video to show that man is destructive, that is not the POINT, if it was the POINT it would be a rather dull and boring POINT. I presume it is an attempt to highlight the need for better animal rights, which is fine and i agree with to an extent. I found the video gratuitous to the point that this message was completely lost, in true animal rights protestor style. It's sort of like screening a montage of starving jews being slaughtered in festering mass graves, on holocaust memorial day, in order to point out that Nazi's were bad. I think everyone but the absolute extreme idiots would agree that would be in bad taste. I've noticed that animal rights protesters seem to have an almost fetishist desire for gorey pictures of mis-treated animals, you just need to walk past the next animal rights petition campaign in union street for proof.

On a personal note, i find it offensive that a band think they can sway people's political opinions by pulling the emotions card with disgusting images taken completely out of context, rendering them pointless.

Pointless shocking imagery would involve illustrious sex scenes.

Firstly you seem to have typed in a W where you meant to type a C. Secondly, you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word illustrious.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

terrible publicity stunt to try and distract people from the sub-par mall punk being branded as 'hardcore' (why? oh right, it must be the black hoodie)

Guest Phantomsmasher
Go Vegan I mean seriously!

I'll bet anything that the kid who wrote that won't be vegan in one year, and will probably be chowing down on a Big Mac while listening to the latest chart music.