aberdeen-music

All time favourite songs.

HeinzHines

Was listening to a bunch of stuff i listened to along time ago....

Realised that i was a total pussy!

But Hedonism by Skunk Anansie, Moby Porcelain and High by the Lighthouse Family still send weird shivers down my spine and remind me of younger days!

Anyone get any other weird songs that remind them of other times?!

22 ?' date=' my younger days? - he [b']MUST be having a giggle o_O

Wait to you get to my age, remembering you own name by lunchtime is an achievement in itself?(

He's only talking about 10 years ago - I can remember tunes from when I was 12. I never lowered myself to listening to Lighthouse Family though.............

the lighthouse family were decent! altogether "cos we are gonna be, forever you and me (you and...), always keep me flying high in the sky above..."

awesome! :D

and incidentally, i get that with most of the jagged little pill album and also, disraeli gears reminds me of coming home from school and playing doom!

/x

hedonism is an absolutely amazing song!!

i really like secretly by skunk anansie in fact. her voice is incredible

there are probably millions of songs that remind me of being "younger" but one that really sticks out in my mind is morning afterglow by electrasy.

my friend arianne and i used to listen to it loads while we OBSESSED over two boys in the year above us at school

ace!

I'd forgotten what a great song Hedonism is' date=' and it's totally going round my head now!! Heart and Soul by T'Pau still gets a wee shiver going, as does Hello Again by Neil Diamond:O[/quote']

Hedonism was balls, that one with the groovy bassline was great though, I can't remember the name though dammit... you know: 'da da, dada da, dada da, dadada da da/da da, dada da, dada da, dadada da da!' Um...

Anyway, talking about songs from when I was young, one of my previews in The Herald today is about one of those that I loved (*cheap plug, cough cough*), here it is...

http://www.theherald.co.uk/goingout/64511.html

I can realise the errors of my ways in hindsight' date=' but i loved the Lighthouse Family back in the day![/quote']

I used to love Ocean Drive as a bairn, i remember listening to that and Ocean Colour Scene (Day We Caught the Train??) on my walkman on a tour of Elland Road just after Euro 1996.

Also, UB40's version of Fools Rush In reminds me of my Granny's death in 1993 and Taxman by the Beatles reminds me of my third hamster's death around the same time.

Guest DustyDeviada
Hedonism was balls' date=' that one with the groovy bassline was great though, I can't remember the name though dammit... you know: 'da da, dada da, dada da, dadada da da/da da, dada da, dada da, dadada da da!' Um...

Anyway, talking about songs from when I was young, one of my previews in The Herald today is about one of those that I loved (*cheap plug, cough cough*), here it is...

http://www.theherald.co.uk/goingout/64511.html

You sir, are a buffoon. Don't you realise that Dire Straits are the epitome of cool?