aberdeen-music

The Snake Temple Kings (Aberdeen's new prog rock band): New Song

palmer_eldritch

Hey folks. The Snake Temple Kings have recorded recently a new piece of music which will be the middle part of a trilogy of music. The recording quality is poor as we rushed the mix, but we will be working on recording again shortly.

The new track is called Ad Nausium just so you know.

We would be very grateful for any feedback on the new song or any of the music so far. :up:

Cheers

The Snake Temple Kings

Before i forget o_O heres the link:

www.myspace.com/thesnaketemplekings

Very Red era KC, but thats not a bad thing...

I think the guitar should be more trebly and jagged sounding during the stabbing riff as it seems to be kinda muffled, lost during that part.

It's weird hearing it minus the other sections/sax, but I think its better in its shorter edited form. :)

Cheers for the feedback dudes.

I agree its very like King Crimson's Red era. We have another song to come before and after this track that we've yet to record. As it is a trilogy, it should sound more complete when the rest is finished.

The guitar tone is something i'd definately want to change however. I was using a god awful distortion peddle on that recording.

Anyone else with any thoughts they'd like to share?

• 2 months later...
Well The Snake Temple Kings will be playing our first gig on the 28th of October supporting Wishbone Ash, so anyone who would like to go. . . please do so :up:

Thats a rather sweet debut, good luck!

Great to hear some Aberdeen prog!

Really digging the analogue synth sound you guys have got, plus some superb flute and drum work. Good mix of influences, too. I can hear some canterbury in there along with the darker, more jagged stuff.

It's good to hear an Aberdeen band that doesn't believe that prog is a four-letter word. I'll definately try to make it down to The Lemon Tree on the 28th.

• 3 weeks later...

erm. . . thanks. :up:

ALthough that moorings performance was our first time playing before an audience and we all thought it went DREADFULLY. WE're a lot better now though!

hehehehe

Cheers for the feedback folks. Following the Wishbone Ash gig we will be re-recording our material from scratch with more added bits and featuring Nik Turner (of Hawkwind) on sax and flute. So it should be good. I'll be sure to keep y' all posted

This is just to check if anyone has any feedback on the gig last night if you were there? The place was absolutely PACKED, and even for the support!!! So it was an awesome gig to get to play and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wishbone Ash's performance was of a very high standard as expected, though i did think i noticed some tension off stage between them. . . :popcorn:

Hmmm, i quite like this :) I'm not usually fond of prog, but i do make the occassional exception. You're right about the mix though, its pretty dire and the guitar tones aren't up to much. There's not enough definition between the sounds of different parts. I think a few of them could be beefed up.

Nice though.