aberdeen-music

dis-gusting behavior...

Guest five years

Agreed. But what do you suggest be done to prevent future cases like these?

Who do you blame? The individual, or the society that created them?

Should we pump more England related items on tv to desensitize these people?

In my opinion, these are isolated cases. There's probably about 1000 race related assaults taken place in England in the last 24hours, which have all gone unreported. Because the World Cup is currently never out of the papers etc, these two cases get massive coverage.

I agree the guys who assaulted the England fans are complete dicks, and deserve to get the book thrown at them for an inexcusable crime. But i cant help but feel there's a lot more things to worry about in the country to concern ourselves with, than these two cases of "football violence".

Guest DustyDeviada

According to the front page of The Sun today (I didn't buy it like), the guys who beat up the kid were Rangers fans.

I would have thought they would have been carrying him aloft on their shoulders.

But i cant help but feel there's a lot more things to worry about in the country to concern ourselves with' date=' than these two cases of "football violence".[/quote']

Violence is violence regardless of what prompted it. And whats more important than creating a safe environment for our country's children? Erradicating violence as a staple of every day life and pointing out to people that its not ok to behave like that is quite important in the grand scheme of things...

Violence is violence regardless of what prompted it. And whats more important than creating a safe environment for our country's children? Erradicating violence as a staple of every day life and pointing out to people that its not ok to behave like that is quite important in the grand scheme of things...

Well put.

absolutely, but it needs to be put in terms of the bigger picture. not just 'don't punch people in england shirts' but 'tolerance of others is required in order to live in a civil society'

/x

absolutely' date=' but it needs to be put in terms of the bigger picture. not just 'don't punch people in england shirts' but 'tolerance of others is required in order to live in a civil society'

/x[/quote']

Yeah, which is what i said. I don't see any mention of football violence in my post....

Exactly... As scots lets not let One group of idiots shape all of us..

At the end of the day anything we say about it will not change anything...I for one know i am not a small minded biggot and would never treat an english friend any dfrently from a scottish friend..

Now if i could just get A friend :)

I had a gang of English arseholes attack me purely because I was Scottish when I lived in England, , I hate mindless violence, but , fighting back proved one thing - even out numbered 10 to 1, I still told them to get tae fuck and they never bothered me again - thank fuck for my Karate instructor - English and proud, but nae racist, a punch in the face is the same in any language, dinna tak shite fae onybody, and as bad as lowering yourself to their level is, sadly it's the only thing cowardly dickheads understand, I just wish the wee kid mentioned earlier had given the guy a good punch it the nads and hospitalised him, it would have given the story a cheery ending.

i was in hospital with that dude from aberdeen on Tuesday. I was talkin to his mate. i didnt read that atricle fully, but did it say that he was pickin said mates daughter up from school and she come out just as the paramedics were seein to him? terrible sight for someone to see.

it was scum that would do somethin like that.

Guest DustyDeviada
If the question is asked out of us scottish peeps

Whos is supporting England in this world cup?

There you got the culprits right there....Ok not directly related to the beatings ...but 1 step closer

Why not support england in the worldcup? there out closest nation

Hardly. That's like saying because you're a muslim or against the war in Iraq you're one step closer to being a terrorist.

I'm not supporting England, but I'm not going to go and beat up somebody who is.

I'm supporting Argentina because I drew them in the sweeper and I get 43.50 if they win.

Hardly. That's like saying because you're a muslim or against the war in Iraq you're one step closer to being a terrorist.

I'm not supporting England' date=' but I'm not going to go and beat up somebody who is.

I'm supporting Argentina because I drew them in the sweeper and I get 43.50 if they win.[/quote']

Yes but the message being digested in our play grounds is WE ARE SCOTTISH england are scum and thats because of wjat children hear from the adults.....

I know of a few people who simply hate ALL english people and not because of the football just because to fit into the society they have been brought up in

kinda like my dad bringing me up to love rangers and hate anyone who didnt (pity i was a closet dons fan eh)...aye pity on me when he found out..Now you can all retalate to this by saying my dad musta been a fanny or an idiot or whatever but being glaswegian this was the norm.

Obviously i do not condone these acts of violence and down right scumdiggery but lets all be honest pride of football, passion or whatever you call it is injected into us by our peers at an early age

Guest DustyDeviada
Yes but the message being digested in our play grounds is WE ARE SCOTTISH england are scum and thats because of wjat children hear from the adults.....

Well, I obviously don't hang around playgrounds as much as you do. ;)

In fact, my experience of kids nowadays is that they are all big England fans because Scotland are so crap and there is so much coverage of the Premiership. A friend of mine told me that it broke his heart to have to buy his grandson an England strip for his birthday.

But I think it's a pretty big step to go from friendly rivalry between neighbouring countries (same thing happens all over the world, no love lost between Holland and Germany) to advocating violence.