aberdeen-music

Paul Simon

Alkaline

I had hoped to see his pal Art in Glasgow tonight....Im afraid that turned out to be impossible though :( If only he played the music hall....

I actually thought this was going to be, well hoped itd be a " Paul Simon announces Aberdeen date!" thread, but :down:

I havent got the new record from Paul Simon yet, but will do very soon. I 2 am a rather big fan of Graceland :up:

Fuck' date=' if he played Aberdeen i'd be well excited :)

Who knows....doubt it though. Might make a trip to Glasgow if he plays there though.[/quote']

Its possible, but i doubt it...

Its usually when your not expecting someone like Simon to play anywhere near home that they announce a date in your back garden...But we've gone & f*cked that up now!

Guest DustyDeviada
Art Garfunkel has better hair though.

Not anymore he doesn't' date=' totally slap.

[img']http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2005/news/050912/agarfunkel2.jpg

Paul Simon was wearing a wig right through the 80s and 90s too.

The new album is good though. I'll be going to see him wherever he plays. He did play Edinburgh Castle in 2002. I've seen him at Hammersmith Odeon, in a Big Top in Liverpool and in Dublin with Garfunkel two years ago, always puts on a good show.

His drummer Steve Gadd is as good as it gets.

Not anymore he doesn't' date=' totally slap.

[img']http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2005/news/050912/agarfunkel2.jpg

Paul Simon was wearing a wig right through the 80s and 90s too.

The new album is good though. I'll be going to see him wherever he plays. He did play Edinburgh Castle in 2002. I've seen him at Hammersmith Odeon, in a Big Top in Liverpool and in Dublin with Garfunkel two years ago, always puts on a good show.

His drummer Steve Gadd is as good as it gets.

...Better than David Grays drummer?

Guest DustyDeviada
...Better than David Grays drummer?

Yes, frankly.

Although (and I'm loathe to admit it) I was there last night (free tickets, honest), and the drummer was probably the best thing about it. I remember seeing him on Jools Holland before and thinking that the drummer was pretty good.

Don't really get David Gray though, neither do a lot of people judging by the poor attendance.

BTW, I saw the review of the Garfunkel gig in today's Herald, and by the sound of things you didn't miss much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DustyDeviada
Christ where from and how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

o_O

Ticketmaster and pricey, over 100 for two tickets.

But he's getting on now, so you never know how many chances you'll get to see him again...