aberdeen-music

My cocking ipod

Marillionboy

Only had it eight months and it's packed up. I thought it was the battery but looking at Apple's very confusing website it seems that it needs restoring and resetting, which apparently means I lose everything on it.

Wonderful.

Anyone else had probs like this with one: basically it won't charge up, and when you hold down the menu and select buttons as directed the Apple symbol appears and then the sumbol of the ipod with a sad face and an exclamation mark.

Anyone else had probs like this with one: basically it won't charge up' date=' and when you hold down the menu and select buttons as directed the Apple symbol appears and then the sumbol of the ipod with a sad face and an exclamation mark.[/quote']

anyone whoever owned an ipod, probably.

Mine had like a 3 day problem, all fixed now. Try updating the iPod and iTunes software, before plugging it in for a flash reset. Also, the only real hassle is if you have to reset iTunes, cos a reset iPod will just update whats already on iTunes in a few minutes, yeah?

Except its wiping the songs that is what's depressing me: all the stuff bought off itunes' date=' ones borrowed and copied, the sheer timne involved....nightmare. Its not all stored on my itunes, too much memory being used up. Can't believe it.[/quote']

Ah..... Thats weird cause when something isnt in my itunes it automatically removes them from the pod.

phone this dude CMYK 01224-560930 he is based on Bon Accord Street, tis an Apple rep dude, my ipod fucked up so i took it along to him within 4 days i had a new one, as long as it is still in warrenty he will send it away for you and you get exactly the same item back! I was stoked when my new ipod mini in shiny pink was ready to collect!

failing that throw it in the bin and buy a better MP3 player!

Guest bluesxman

My I Pod cocked up a few months ago, it kept coming up with the Apple logo as normal but then switching off rather than going to menu screen, the reset method as found in seemingly every link on the Apple on-line 'Help' facility didn't work, I thought I was heading for reformatting and so losing everything, but then tried another option I came across of putting into Disk mode then back to normal as found here -

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93651

this cured my fault without losing anything at all. I updated all my software as well. Hope it works for you.:up:

Guest DustyDeviada

If you can still access the iPod when it's connected your computer then I think you should be able to back up all your songs to your computer before it gets sent back to Apple if need be.

Just goes to show that it's worth doing this anyway just in case the iPod does go tits up.

phone this dude CMYK 01224-560930 he is based on Bon Accord Street' date=' tis an Apple rep dude, my ipod fucked up so i took it along to him within 4 days i had a new one, as long as it is still in warrenty he will send it away for you and you get exactly the same item back! I was stoked when my new ipod mini in shiny pink was ready to collect!

failing that throw it in the bin and buy a better MP3 player![/quote']

Why do it through him? Go to the apple website, go to support, and do it through there. They send you a pre-paid box the next day, you send it away and it all gets done. Really efficient service.

I used it to get a pair of free headphones, claiming that mine went fuzzy :up:

I recently got a folder with an exclamation point. First time it happened I just updated iPod software. This time, couldnt do anything, so...

I copied ever folder from the iPod in My Computer on to my work computer hard disk. I then restored to factoryOnce it was done, just copied all folders back on to the iPod (also show hidden folders, cos theres the vital folder 'iPod_control'

all my stuff was back without using iTunes at all. Sorted. Pain in the arse a bit, but better than losing everything.

took a few hours, but it was okay. I had around 10gig of music on it.