aberdeen-music

My mum is going to get married

Guest DustyDeviada
Indeed... and don't you have had to have gone to Aberdeen Uni? I don't think they include RGU as it has nothing to do with RGU (I may be wrong but this was the last I heard).

Kings collegs = nice.

Potentially worth a 5 year wait imho.

5 year wait could be a good thing, at least you would be sure by then.

But who knows, you could be getting married as part of a visa scam, in which case time is of the essence.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Sadly they do now let scaffy RG so-called U polytechnic minkers in now. ;)

*braces himself*

Brace yourself to be agreed with. Fucking peasants.

Guest Bob Double Jack
my mate is getting married in the Kings chapel next year and the reception at Queens hotel.

everyone ive spoken to said they both are good.

dont know how they got the kings chapel though

strange... so am i!

Ok,

For Hotel-

Maryculter House is really good. If you book on a Sunday or Friday you get a discount. They also cater for all sizes of wedding.

Meldrum House Hotel, not too expensive but it is in the upper regions cost-wise.

Ardoe House- if your mum wants to be part of a conveyor-belt wedding then she should get married there. Yeah it is a nice venue but they do up to 5 weddings per day.

Norwood Hall- Nice, down to earth and friendly staff. Its not actually very expensive. If you want expensive try The Marcliffe at Pitfoddels.

Ace church= The chapel of St Lesmo, it is a tiny but beautiful church in Glentannar estate. 2 miles down a dirt track.

Flowers- Nicky thingy (argh I forget the name but she is really good)

Photography- Me, I rock haha.

Video- RSVP. Contact Roy.

Cars- Depends what you want.

Kilthire- Georgian Hire

Wedding dresses- There is a really good place in Stoneywood called "Our day". They are really helpful and they do brides dresses, bridesmaid dresses etc.

Get a copy of the Grampian Wedding Directory, it is a local wedding magazine.:up:

Guest DustyDeviada
Maybe the 5 year wait at Kings College is for a weekend date. Mid-week weddings = Boo.

Less than 2 years for me to get a Saturday in mid-August.

It was more difficult getting Hog, mind. ;)

Guest DustyDeviada
Ah well... see I was sure that I heard it was 2 years. One of my dad's friends used to be on charge of organising functions and things over at Aberdeen uni.

As far as I've heard you basically would have to have the reception elsewhere but that's hardly a big deal.

Maybe it's five years if you want the reception there as well, they did three weddings on the saturday afternoon that we were there.

We didn't want our reception there anyway. :up:

Dan and I are getting married next year. When we tried to book Kings College in summer 2004, they told us they weren't taking 2007 bookings until September 2005, at which point we booked our wedding for the last Saturday in July. So there appears to be about a year and a half wait for weekend weddings there. RGU students and graduats are able to get married there but it costs more than for Aberdeen students and graduates.

The reception is to be in the Marcliffe. I have still never seen inside the place, but my mum recently won a raffle prize of 2 nights in the Marcliffe so soon I will get to see inside my wedding venue. Because I have never been there, I have no idea what it is like or how much it costs, but apparently it is nice.

Dan and I are getting married next year. When we tried to book Kings College in summer 2004' date=' they told us they weren't taking 2007 bookings until September 2005, at which point we booked our wedding for the last Saturday in July. So there appears to be about a year and a half wait for weekend weddings there. RGU students and graduats are able to get married there but it costs more than for Aberdeen students and graduates.

The reception is to be in the Marcliffe. I have still never seen inside the place, but my mum recently won a raffle prize of 2 nights in the Marcliffe so soon I will get to see inside my wedding venue. Because I have never been there, I have no idea what it is like or how much it costs, but apparently it is nice.[/quote']

Marcliffe is awesome, nice food, well organised etc etc. Now you just need a kick ass photographer *looks about*

although we did the rings bit in a local church, we had the party on top of cairngorm. You know the place at the top of the funicular railway. It was totally cool! They clear all the tourists out at 4.30 and then its ours. The food was supprisingly good. The train was ours to command. They were such nice folk and couldn't do enough for us.

We had good views down the valley and the reindeers came up to the window to have a look too.

pete_inthehills