aberdeen-music

How many badgers could fit in a Mini Cooper?

It's a question that has been puzzling my flatmate and I for years, so I thought I should now put it out into the public domain to get a definitive answer.

Though there are important criteria:

1. The badgers must not be harmed in any way. They must be conscious all the time i.e. you can't stun them or anything like that.

2. This is not a new Mini.

3. The Mini is not modified in anyway to increase badger capacity, so you can't remove the engine or seats. You are allowed to use boot space.

4. These are European Badgers, not the North American ones.

So how many do you think?

It's a question that has been puzzling my flatmate and I for years' date=' so I thought I should now put it out into the public domain to get a definitive answer.

Though there are important criteria:

1. The badgers must not be harmed in any way. They must be conscious all the time i.e. you can't stun them or anything like that.

2. This is not a new Mini.

3. The Mini is not modified in anyway to increase badger capacity, so you can't remove the engine or seats. You are allowed to use boot space.

4. These are European Badgers, not the North American ones.

So how many do you think?[/quote']

I don't reckon you could get that many in. The only one's I've ever seen (squashed by the side of the road) have been pretty big - roughly the size of a short-arsed fully-grown adult human. Add to that the fact that if they're not stunned, they're pretty aggressive animals, which will bite you and you'll die a lingering death from TB, I'm not sure if it's even worth the effort.

I'll say six. If they sit upright like humans.

Obviously you'd get 0 Badgers into a mini.. And I'll explain why..

The average Badger can bite your finger off in a yawn. So, unless your gonna wear protective clothing which wasn't stated, you'd get 0 in, because your underestimate the average European Badger by a long haul.

However if the Badgers were led into the mini, via, some form of protective device then I'd have to say you would be able to fit at least 40 badgers into a mini simulatanously.

The question is not how many, but, why would you wanna fit a secluded amount European Baders into a custom fit mini?

How many guinea pigs can you fit into a liquidizer?

If we take into account an old mini was 1 tonne exactly

so a 1 tonne mini would equal to 1 tonne of badgers

Now is this mini complete with seats as if so we would have to subtract seats engine and other car parts for badgers

So with that said and using my conundrum-ameter and my judilometer i came up with over 100 badgers

The guinnea pig question cant be answered as it would be infinite as if the blender is switche on you could continually push em in

The guinnea pig question cant be answered as it would be infinite as if the blender is switche on you could continually push em in

I think a blended guinneapig has the same mass/volume as a live guineapig - therfore your answer seems unlikely........

The make/size of blender is not specified which makes this question tricky. I have a blender you couldn't even fit 1 guineapig in...... But my magimix............ oh the possibilities!

In answer to the badger/mini conundrum. I think about 40 as well but I think they may hurt each other so the 1st rule will be broken - therefore the answeris probably only 1........

In answer to the badger/mini conundrum. I think about 40 as well but I think they may hurt each other so the 1st rule will be broken - therefore the answeris probably only 1........

I never said anything about the badgers hurting each other :p

Bux - I would allow protective clothing since an angry badger is not something to be taken lightly...

I think a blended guinneapig has the same mass/volume as a live guineapig - therfore your answer seems unlikely........

The make/size of blender is not specified which makes this question tricky. I have a blender you couldn't even fit 1 guineapig in...... But my magimix............ oh the possibilities!

You see the way i thought of it was

1) Is the blender on as you pump the guinnea pig in

2) Is there a lid to said blender (can u leave it off)

3) If not then it would be infinite as they would just continualy spill over the edge as you blended a new one up

mass, yes, volume, no.

imagine a 2 litle bottle of air, it's 2 litres, squash it down, it's not 2 litres anymore, but it's still the same mass.

mass' date=' yes, volume, no.

imagine a 2 litle bottle of air, it's 2 litres, squash it down, it's not 2 litres anymore, but it's still the same mass.[/quote']

Thanx for clearing that one up for me!

You see the way i thought of it was

1) Is the blender on as you pump the guinnea pig in

2) Is there a lid to said blender (can u leave it off)

3) If not then it would be infinite as they would just continualy spill over the edge as you blended a new one up

All Valid points - don't know if I could be arsed with the mess though....... and surely if the guineapigs are spilling out then they can't be counted as being in the blender anymore........ this was supposed to be how many you could fit in a blender - not how many guineapigs you could murder in an afternoon...........

Thanx for clearing that one up for me!

All Valid points - don't know if I could be arsed with the mess though....... and surely if the guineapigs are spilling out then they can't be counted as being in the blender anymore........ this was supposed to be how many you could fit in a blender - not how many guineapigs you could murder in an afternoon...........

Yes but its a trick question How many guinea pigs can you fit into a blender/liquidizer not how many guinea pigs can you KEEP in a blender/liquidizer :)

mass' date=' yes, volume, no.

imagine a 2 litle bottle of air, it's 2 litres, squash it down, it's not 2 litres anymore, but it's still the same mass.[/quote']

Only problem is guinea pigs aren't made of air ?( .

Gas can be compressed into a smaller volume, liquids and solds can't.

The guinea pigs would be a soup of solids and liquids once you'd blended them so they would have the same mass AND volume. However they would have a different surface area and so would take up less room.

If we take into account an old mini was 1 tonne exactly

so a 1 tonne mini would equal to 1 tonne of badgers

no way is an old mini 1 tonne!! They were one of the best handling cars due to their weight. An old school renault clio weighs 950kg: an old mini is 650kg, no more.

Only problem is guinea pigs aren't made of air ?( .

Gas can be compressed into a smaller volume' date=' liquids and solds can't.

The guinea pigs would be a soup of solids and liquids once you'd blended them so they would have the same mass AND volume. However they would have a different surface area and so would take up less room.[/quote']

no, I can safely say a blended guinea pig would have less volume than a whole guinea pig... blend 5 apples, I think that's about the same mass / volume, it'll weight the same at the end of the experiment, but, you'll find it's less volume, for sure. (try and fit a blended guinea pig into a glass, easy, stuff one into a glass whole, not so easy).

trust me on this.

no' date=' I can safely say a blended guinea pig would have less volume than a whole guinea pig... blend 5 apples, I think that's about the same mass / volume, it'll weight the same at the end of the experiment, but, you'll find it's less volume, for sure. (try and fit a blended guinea pig into a glass, easy, stuff one into a glass whole, not so easy).

trust me on this.[/quote']

Thats just because the blended guinea pig is more fluid and so is more easily shaped...there is still exactly the same amount of guinea pig matter (i.e. volume of guinea pig).

Would you say there is a greater volume of solid concrete in a block than there is in the fluid concrete you used to create the block (I was going to use water and ice here, but then realised that some smart ass might comment on how the water molecules act in a different way when frozen :p )? You wouldn't, or at least I hope you wouldn't.

The fluid concrete would be much more easy to fit in a small cylinder than the block of concrete would, but they are still the same volume. They take up the same amount of space, but the fluid version is much more easily to shape, allowing it to fill up all the space in the cylinder and giving it the appearance of having a smaller volume although really it doesn't.

The same can be applied to the guinea pig.

9 entries found for volume.

A, The amount of space occupied by a three-dimensional object or region of space, expressed in cubic units.

B, The capacity of such a region or of a specified container, expressed in cubic units.

you're still not getting the volume concept, eh....

look up archimedes and the Eureka story....that should explain Volume Vs Mass

if you took evey atom of a guinea pig, and made a thin (one atom deep) cube out of it, it's volume would be massive, but the MASS would still be the same as a regular shapped guinea pig. compress the guinea pig under massive pressure, its volume would be drastically reduced, but the MASS would remain the same. (same as a black hole, in pricipal, tiny object (little or no volume) HUGE mass, large enough to bend light.

if you took evey atom of a guinea pig' date=' and made a thin (one atom deep) cube out of it, it's volume would be massive[/quote']

You mean its surface area would be massive. Imagine a guinea pig as a 20cm long by 10cm wide by 5cm tall block: its volume is the same as if you then squish the guinea big and it becomes a block of 100cm long by 20 cm wide by 0.5cm high...

The only thing that changes is the surface area of the guinea pig. the number of atoms and matter there (i.e. volume) is still the same.

compress the guinea pig under massive pressure, its volume would be drastically reduced, but the MASS would remain the same. (same as a black hole, in pricipal, tiny object (little or no volume) HUGE mass, large enough to bend light.

I can't comment on this because I haven't done advanced studies into physics...maybe volume can change when you're talking about forces in the magnitude of black holes. But we're talking about blenders here, not black holes so I don't see how this is relevant ?( .

A, The amount of space occupied by a three-dimensional object or region of space, expressed in cubic units.

B, The capacity of such a region or of a specified container, expressed in cubic units.

Totally true, I agree 100%. Neither contradict my arguement. The only reason the whole guinea pig doesn't fit as well in the container is because all of its parts are still joined and resisting compression.

you're still not getting the volume concept, eh....

I understand the concept of volume perfectly well thank you...my whole education has been science based so I would be pretty fucked if I hadn't grasped that yet :angel: .

More to the point though...just assuming or suggesting I'm ignorant to add to your arguement doesn't really get you anywhere so its best left out.