aberdeen-music

anyone else read that thing about ecoli in the scum today?

framheim

and how the only fast food restaurant to pass their test was kfc and exodus had 300 bacteria in their sample when it should have none. they were testing ice from ice machines apparently.

i've tried to find an online version of the article but there doesn't appear to be website for the scottish scum.

kinda scary though.

Who was performing the tests' date=' and how did they gain access to the ice?

I don't tend to read the Sun as a general rule. All I can say is that I've never been ill from eating ice in Exodus. Must be a rogue sample.[/quote']

they claim it was a secret test so I imagine they just went to the bar and ordered a drink.

I read recently about a girl doing a school project, and she went round all the fast food outlets in her area and asked for a drink with ice, then took a sample of water from the toilet. In 7 out of 10 tests there was more bacteria in the ice water than the toilet water.

But, there's bacteria in everything, unless it's a medically sterilised product. You need to ingest bacteria to be healthy. There's far too many anti-bacterial products around nowadays, and children are becoming more susceptible to illness because they can't build immunity. It's only a problem if there's excessive amounts, or a particularly nasty strain. How many people have been found to have fallen ill from Exodus ice?

N.B. I haven't read the Scum, so I don't know what the tests involved.

I read it earlier today, naturally it's worrying but some of the points made were ridiculous. A worker in a Glasgow Burger King was described as a 'greasy-looking lad with his nails painted black', as if that was increasing the spread of the E-Coli virus.

It also only managed to mention two places in the whole of Aberdeen which actually passed the test, so I doubt they did a very thorough search. Either that or the majority of Aberdeen's pubs and clubs are infected.

To be fair' date=' having your nails painted is a health and safety issue I believe.[/quote']

Undoubtedly so, but the fact it was more based on describing the colour of his nails and his general 'greasy' appearance than actually giving proper facts about the problem does not bode well. Then again it's The Sun, and teen-goth bashing probably holds the readers attention more than Macrobiotics.

I read recently about a girl doing a school project' date=' and she went round all the fast food outlets in her area and asked for a drink with ice, then took a sample of water from the toilet. In 7 out of 10 tests there was more bacteria in the ice water than the toilet water.

But, there's bacteria in everything, unless it's a medically sterilised product. You need to ingest bacteria to be healthy. There's far too many anti-bacterial products around nowadays, and children are becoming more susceptible to illness because they can't build immunity. It's only a problem if there's excessive amounts, or a particularly nasty strain. How many people have been found to have fallen ill from Exodus ice?

N.B. I haven't read the Scum, so I don't know what the tests involved.[/quote']

Yeh exactly, I don't think anyone should read into what has been said.

It's not as though there has been an outbreak in all the people that go to exodus.

if you're worried about ordering a drink with ice in exodus just remember that the alcohol will kill anything bad...

The pints will just kill anything. They're bloody rank. And of course my friends didn't bother to mention this as I bought it and they all had their JDs. Bastards.

yea i can't remember how scientific there tests were.

i've never heard of anyone becoming ill from exodus but it's still a worry. i'm pretty sure most places don't clean their ice machine as much as they should and of course just cause we don't know anyone who's become ill from it doesn't mean that it won't happen.

i don't think it was a sun reporter going round testing the ice i'm sure it would've been some kind of scientist.

considering about the amount i drink in exodus, triple kirks (where ive just left), its safe to say if it was really bad id be dead (which im not) so i really wouldnt worry. Didnt stop me drinking there today anyway, if you start worrying about things like this youll never leave your house

I don't tend to read the Sun as a general rule. All I can say is that I've never been ill from eating ice in Exodus. Must be a rogue sample.

My friend used to get regularly ill from drinking vodka lemonade in Exodus. Now h only drinks bottled beer and he's never ill. I used to think he was just a pussy, but maybe it was the ice in the vodka lemonade all along.

To be honest I've never thought Exodus to be unclean... in fact in regards to being clean it's one of the better night clubs imho. The toilets are never terrible (asides bits of toilet roll thrown about by the actual people in the club)' date=' the glasses never smell odd and your feet don't stick to the floor.[/quote']

I agree, the toilets are actually remarkably clean considering the amount of people that are generally there.

Guest DustyDeviada
I don't tend to read the Sun as a general rule.

Me neither, I just look at the pictures.

In fairness, isn't it good to get a bit of germs in you know and then, build up the immune system and all that?