aberdeen-music

Experimental/noise/drones.....

Guest Donald

Guest Donald

Julius Seizure were ace!!! I really liked these guys and aberdeen could do with having them play again in the future...but why such a short set? I was really enjoying it and then they finish :(

They played for half an hour which is a pretty standard set time.

Oh and am i in the wrong thread or something? I have no idea what you guys are discussing, and where's this...

Asahara 8:30

Arakanyoma 9:10

Tetsuo 9:45

Julius Seizure 10:15

KMVSNI 11:00

They played for half an hour which is a pretty standard set time.

For a headlining act its pretty short in my opinion.

I have no idea what you talking about with this bit. Where's what?

Well it looks like a setlist to me, not the one from the other night so I assume its for somewhere else.

For a headlining act its pretty short in my opinion.
thats your opinion.
Well it looks like a setlist to me' date=' not the one from the other night so I assume its for somewhere else.[/quote']

Learn to read...

Stage Times (and this is approximate as these things rarely run on time!)

Something like that but probably more staggered.

thats your opinion.

ok then how about' date=' in my experience of seeing bands 30mins [i']is short for what appeared to be the headliner. I would have liked more because...shock... I liked them, if you want to argue about this feel free to send me a private message.

Learn to read...

Stage Times (and this is approximate as these things rarely run on time!)

Something like that but probably more staggered.

Right, now I see (from a different post) the setlist was changed as this is not how it looked on the poster...not everyone lives on AM you know.

ok then how about' date=' in my experience of seeing bands 30mins [i']is short for what appeared to be the headliner. I would have liked more because...shock... I liked them, if you want to argue about this feel free to send me a private message.
Im not arguing, Im saying....its your opinion.
Right, now I see (from a different post) the setlist was changed as this is not how it looked on the poster...not everyone lives on AM you know.
I have no idea what it says on the poster. You ased where those times came from, I'm saying they were simply approximate,cos thats what it said, so they were or last night, and not somewhere else lie you apparently thought.

Guest Donald

For future reference if I'm doing this again and band have to pull out for whatever reason I will post the changes here. I really can't afford to make up new posters and put them up everywhere a week before the event. In future I'll put a list of acts reflecting any line up changes at the door. Ryan, if you liked the Julius Seizure stuff you might also enjoy Noma's music (he was the guy stage left with the mask on) http://www.myspace.com/noma1

Cheers for doing those reviews Dave although you know I was kind of hoping for a two page spread in Wire! Maybe if I can coerce Merzbow into playing next time.

Cheers to everyone who came along. I'll hopefully do another one soon.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Excellent night, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Not my staple musical diet, but I do enjoy this from time to time. Well worthwhile, and great to catch up with Adam again.

affy good night, KMVNI were particularly devastating and i found 50 outside in uk currency along with a bag of skunk and some weird purple pills so we all went and fucking wrecked stuff and fucking hell it was a great night and i have a new tattoo of a drunk ogre crawling along my foot.

good job gloagencatmeister.

For future reference if I'm doing this again and band have to pull out for whatever reason I will post the changes here. I really can't afford to make up new posters and put them up everywhere a week before the event. In future I'll put a list of acts reflecting any line up changes at the door. Ryan' date=' if you liked the Julius Seizure stuff you might also enjoy Noma's music (he was the guy stage left with the mask on) [url']http://www.myspace.com/noma1

Cheers for doing those reviews Dave although you know I was kind of hoping for a two page spread in Wire! Maybe if I can coerce Merzbow into playing next time.

Cheers to everyone who came along. I'll hopefully do another one soon.

One review on Planet Sound today (JS) - don't think the other will be published, but you never know...

to get published / reviewed in the Wire - involve Barry Esson, Brian Morton or David Keenan in either the organisation or bands.

Dave